• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who's buying S&W?

Honestly, no I did one dry patch through the Barel, one lol, one dry again and I went to the range.
That was it.
I will do what you said for sure. What are the 7 spots?

The 4 slide contact rails, I use CLP, a drop or 2 on each one. The barrel, front first inch and the rear of the barrel 1". the last spot is I get a drop on the trigger bar loop where it contacts the sear. That's it, everybody has their lube of choice, CLP is what I use.. and not too much.... I tried to lube the wifes 9c like a 1911 or AR15 BCG,back when we were new shooters... worse day of shooting I ever had.. Knew pretty quickly it had to be the lube cause the previous several times we shot it, it was perfect.. trial and error.. I been learning as I go. What I have learned about the M&P line is they are a really consistent gun... when something ain't right, it's usually something I did wrong...

There is something about taking numbers and standing in line to fork over money on a gun that just pisses me off...

Nothing against this particular shop...Four Seasons has had the "deli counter" system in place for quite some time...probably just me...but damn, it just ain't right.

On the flip side this is just as wrong or more so.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=skpVXWX5xBg[/video]

The 4 slide contact rails, I use CLP, a drop or 2 on each one. The barrel, front first inch and the rear of the barrel 1". the last spot is I get a drop on the trigger bar loop where it contacts the sear. That's it, everybody has their lube of choice, CLP is what I use.. and not too much.... I tried to lube the wifes 9c like a 1911 or AR15 BCG,back when we were new shooters... worse day of shooting I ever had.. Knew pretty quickly it had to be the lube cause the previous several times we shot it, it was perfect.. trial and error.. I been learning as I go. What I have learned about the M&P line is they are a really consistent gun... when something ain't right, it's usually something I did wrong...
I dont use liquid lubes anymore for anything. I use EWG from Slip2000, doesn't drip everywhere like the oils do.

Well this didn't go as planned at all.
Went to the range today to test the shield and break it in.
4 boxes of perfect 9mm and arrived.
First the gun felt stiff from all aspects. Oh well new gun right?
lets load it up. I was not able to put more than 6 rounds on neither mag at any time.
From ablut 120 rounds from 10-15 yards I hit A4 / 6" target about 1 every 4 rounds.
It looks like I am missing low and very left if that means anything.
I actually had my best shots shooting one hand and looking directly at the target (not using the sights at all). It's kind of a racing thing (look where you want the bike to go) I followed, look and focus where you want the bullet to go. I was so upset to shoot so bad I just picked it up and came home. 10lbs trigger feels like 100lbs after 100 rounds too. Damn

I had the same general experience - shooting low and left. My non-expert assessment is that I'm squeezing the grip too much due to it being narrow and the trigger being so stiff. I'm going to give the gun at least 400 rounds through the barrel and a bunch of dry fire before I start screwing with changing parts.

Yeah, definitely give it a good clean a lube per guide in the manual that came with the gun. I noticed following the the S&W directions that the gun seems to like being a bit more "wet" than my SR9.

- - - Updated - - -

For the same reason that saying "well, I drained the oil and replaced the filter but didn't bother to throw a few quarts back in before driving off in my new Porsche" will probably void the warranty. You've got metal scraping on metal and it needs lubrication, not just the little bit of oil used to protect from corrosion while in storage waiting for retail sale.

I just picked up my .45 Shield today, the deal was just too good to pass up.
S&W must have sold a metric sh^tload of Shields at these prices with the rebates.

I'm starting to wonder if S&W is losing money at this point. Shields were $450ish back in the day. Does it really cost less than $204 to manufacture, market, and distribute these things??
Has anyone gotten the rebate yet? Sent mine in 4 weeks ago.
They said 8-10 weeks. For me, 8 weeks will be in a couple weeks.

Bought the 45 two weeks ago for $399 and then found out about the rebate! Great shooting little gun. No issues with 230gr ball or 185gr gold dot HPs. Eats'em up.

Oh boy... please don't start with .... "where's my rebate" ... It'll get there.. it always does.. if it takes a week or 2 or more beyond the 6-8 weeks.. lets not get wound up.. If this hurts your nuts, I'm sorry.. but every time there's a rebate.. this stuff gets wound up like someone is gonna get screwed .. and S&W is screwing us..

It's a mail in rebate. If you expect to get your money in a timely manner I have a nice bridge to sell you. That's why I don't purchase guns or anything else based off the perceived value of a mail in rebate.

-Mike

Oh boy... please don't start with .... "where's my rebate" ... It'll get there.. it always does.. if it takes a week or 2 or more beyond the 6-8 weeks.. lets not get wound up.. If this hurts your nuts, I'm sorry.. but every time there's a rebate.. this stuff gets wound up like someone is gonna get screwed .. and S&W is screwing us..
its not a complaint. I was just curious. Sometimes they say 8-10 weeks and they show up in 3-4

I'm pretty sure. I've been trying to find places that beat their $335 price. If you can find a cheap FFL, then online may be better.

Thanks.. I picked it up at Four Seasons after work one night.. There was just no way I could get down to Westport on a Saturday before the month ended.

and thanks.. I grabbed that Comfort-tac holster off Amazon for $20. I now realize I need bigger waist size shorts or I need to lose about 15 pounds :(

I picked up my Shield 9 at IDC Firearms, their price is $329 for the 9 or .40. Not sure how many they have left, couldn't be bothered driving far. Went online and bought an Alien Gear holster, likiing everything so far.

Back
Top Bottom