1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Whoa it’s damn HOT!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Rockrivr1, Jul 20, 2019.

1. bottle-cap

bottle-cap NES Member

My infrared thermometer says my driveway is 159 right now.
    Trex deck boards on deck, light gray, showing 135.

2. citoriguy

citoriguy NES Member

I’m probably around the corner from you in Acton. I’m down by the Ford dealership. Send him my way if he feels like he wants to keep mowing!

3. one-eyed Jack

one-eyed Jack Manufacturer Dealer NES Member

He's in Fitzwilliam,NH. When he and the family come to visit I pay him $20/hr plus tip and lunch. I'm on Nashoba Rd. Jack.

4. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 NES Member

I needed to clean the atrocity that was my wifes car before we left for vacation today. Vacuumed, cleaned the windows, and scrubbed the filthy seats. I soaked my clothes, went inside to change everything and cooled down, then back outoutsiand soaked them again. Went down to cover the boat, had to change again.

My dock is Trex. Holy crap is that hot to step off the boat barefoot on!

5. Zappa

Zappa Road Warrior NES Member

I was on vacation all week so I spent most of the time up North, I drove the SUV and left the commuter car at home. When I went to shuffle the cars around today, I noticed it was covered in sticky tree sap, I guess the trees were sweating pretty heavily in this heat too.

6. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 NES Member

I've been dealing with that sap for the past 2-3 weeks.

7. SKumar

SKumar NES Member

Went to Marthas vinyard. Big mistake. The minute I got on my bike, I was drenched in sweat. My skin tone looked Somalian. I went through at least a gallon of water and I didn't go pee once. The UV index was 9. That means you get skin damage after only 15 minutes of sun exposure. Every white person was not wearing any clothes. They're feeling it today.

8. Wickedcoolname

Wickedcoolname NES Member

I agree 100 percent. No one wants to be uncomfortable, but if I had a choice between too hot and too cold I'll take too hot every time.
    I never had to scrape heat and humidity off of my windshield or shovel it out of my driveway. And even on the hottest days of the year you can still play golf, ride a motorcycle, go shooting, take the boat out, have a bbq and some beers on the deck, go hiking, etc. All things that are virtually impossible in a New England winter.
    I put 275 miles on the bike yesterday and today I'm taking the boat out for a spin. Bring on the heat! I'll take it every day.

sharona likes this.
  9. Dip Dungles

Dip Dungles NES Member

I swear, every time I move the god damn weather is out to get me. Last time I moved it was Memorial Day 2016 and it was the hottest MD on record. I just spent the entire weekend moving from my old house to my FIL's house which included a Uhaul and at least 10 trips with my truck. That just plain sucked balls, the best part is I get to do it all over again on the 2nd of August when I close on my new digs.

[​IMG]

10. Rockrivr1

Rockrivr1 NES Member

One word -"MOVERS" They get paid to do that crap for you. Maybe it's because I'm too old at this point but my moving crap myself days are long over. Worth every penny.

Picton likes this.
  11. Dip Dungles

Dip Dungles NES Member

I swore last move that I would hire actual movers for the next time but alas there I was busting my ass. I guess I'm just wicked cheap [rofl2]

12. SERE

SERE NES Life Member NES Member

[​IMG]

SKumar likes this.
  13. Dadstoys

Dadstoys NES Member

Time to move further north.
    [​IMG]

Picton and Golddiggie like this.