• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who will "kill" Glock?

H&K just came up with the VP9, Walther has its PPQ, SIG the P320, CZ has the P07 and P01, S&W has the M&P line. All are reliable firearms from reputable makers. Exept for the VP, I've handled pretty much all of them and must say that their ergos beat the day lights out of Glocks. Also, the Austrians aren't innovative anymore since what? The 80ies? They seem to rest on their laurels, which is never a good thing for a company. Everybody seems to wait for a single stack 9 from them, since years, to no avail. GB is their only military contract that I know of. So, why does everybody think Glocks are that great, and who is most likely to replace them on the #1 position for striker fired polys?

H&K just came up with the VP9, Walther has its PPQ, SIG the P320, CZ has the P07 and P01, S&W has the M&P line. All are reliable firearms from reputable makers. Exept for the VP, I've handled pretty much all of them and must say that their ergos beat the day lights out of Glocks. Also, the Austrians aren't innovative anymore since what? The 80ies? They seem to rest on their laurels, which is never a good thing for a company. Everybody seems to wait for a single stack 9 from them, since years, to no avail. GB is their only military contract that I know of. So, why does everybody think Glocks are that great, and who is most likely to replace them on the #1 position for striker fired polys?

Keep in mind commentary will be tainted by the fact the glocks are the only wonder gun that has preban mag availability. Asking a non ma crowd may yield more accurate results.

I would argue in a ban state they will never be replaced

Last edited:
Mag size aside, I always go back to my G19 even though I have an M&P. But once I can get my hands on a VP9 to try... well, that might do it.

Yup. Non free states=Glock fans.
My brother lives in SC. Glocks are not very favored at all he tells me. Makes perfect sense.

Don't know why one brand has to "kill" another one. I don't see one overtaking the other, I see more choices offered in the "free" marketplace, which we don't have in MA, but I digress.

If HK, SW etc all come up with another wondergun based on Glock's marketing prowess, good for them, good for the industry and good for Glock - as competition will make them come up with something else to drool over at the gun case. Even better for consumers in states where such handguns can be acquired - as they benefit from the competition as well.

What is the name of the "Turkish " pistol that sells for less than $400 and appears to be a
"defacto" gen 5 Glock/CZ clone?
Will it ever be available in Ma?
ggboy

I went with the CZ P01. Because:
A. I cant' hit sh!t with glocks.
B. Everytime I've shot one, I get multiple FTF || stovepipes, to which glock-tards insist I'm limp-wristing.

Decided to go with something I can hit stuff with and wont fail as I prance through the flowers.

many hand writing tools have come and gone, but the standard #2 pencil still remains strong, does its job and hangs on every store wall - Glock is basically the #2 pencil of firearms.

regardless of how many new firearms become available, none of them will have the track record of glocks......and thus Glock will hold its position for a long time to come. I'm not saying trackrecord is everything, but it is something and Glock has it.

S&W needs to wake the f up and realize that MANY/MOST MA comp triggers are steaming wads of dung that need a 50-90 dollar upgrade to be comparable to a Glock or even a Ruger out of the box. If the day comes that they improve their triggers for MA then I know a lot of people who wouldnt even bother with a glock.

I'm indifferent though... for a carry gun, I love my M&P9c, I would love a G26 or G19 but I see no NEED for it. For a range gun, a M&P 9 would be nice, but I'll take the G17 due to pre ban mags and plethora of aftermarket parts that are highly affordable. This is something that M&P doesnt have.

I happen to like the ergo's of the Gen 4 Glocks, and I shoot them the best. I have tried M&P's(I shoot my wife's ok after we had the trigger done), Walther & Sig (Dislike Ergo's), haven't gotten my hand son a VP9. The other way Glocks appeal to me is how easy they are for me to completely take a part and work on. My familiarity with them tends to bias me in some way I admit, but I might be able to completely take it apart and put it back together blindfolded because they are so simple. My only complaints are terrible factory sights, and the trigger could use some work, but If you look around almost everyone seems to switch sights and improve triggers from factory guns (Even in free states).

I've heard of a lot of issues with M&Ps and recent Smiths in general to shy away from them. I'm a big Ruger fan but Glock has far more options when it comes to poly guns. Glocks just... work and that's what matters most. Are they 100% infallible? Of course not. But they work at least as well as anything else, if not better.

That said, I've been looking at Rugers and Glocks for a while now but I keep going back to the ol' 1911. Not that that's relevant to this thread.

I keep buying glocks and trying to like them. I just cant. I own a few. Reliable and the only negative I can say is I don't like the look or feel. I don't think anything will "kill" the glock. It has the loyalty of millions. That said im not a brand loyalist. I prefer hammer over striker and tend to go the HK,FN,SIG route over the glocks. I am eagerly awaiting a call from someone saying the VP9 is available. I have high hopes.

I like them. They point well for me. I'm got a fanboi.... as I plan on buying as many different kinds of guns as possible. For affirmative action.

I went with the CZ P01. Because:
A. I cant' hit sh!t with glocks.
B. Everytime I've shot one, I get multiple FTF || stovepipes, to which glock-tards insist I'm limp-wristing.

Decided to go with something I can hit stuff with and wont fail as I prance through the flowers.

Definitely the guns fault.

i can say that the trigger on the vp9 is phenomenal and they ability to change out the back strap and side straps to get the best fit for your hand is great. That is my first striker gun, as i do like to have the hammer and 2nd strike capabilities for when you need it.

The arsenal looks extremely close to the springfield xdm

I think the new pistol to challenge them all is will be the Canik TP9/.
IF we ever get to see it in Ma. Chcek out Nutnfancys video on it.
ggboy

Man, you REALLY hate Glock don't you.

Yup. Non free states=Glock fans.
My brother lives in SC. Glocks are not very favored at all he tells me. Makes perfect sense.

When I moved out of MA into a "free" state I replaced all the pistols I sold to fund my move with 9mm Glocks. I can buy any pistol I want, on any given day of the week, I still carry and shoot a Glock 19 because it makes perfect sense to me.

I'm not sure why some people like think a .45 may be too big of a caliber for carry, It's always been a pleasure for me to shoot. I'd take 10 rounds of 45 over 15 rounds of 9mm any day.

I don't think I have met anyone who said .45 is to big to carry. However, I know a few people who know way more about shooting people then I ever will that carry 15-17 rounds of 9mm over 10 .45.

Last edited:
I think the new pistol to challenge them all is will be the Canik TP9/.
IF we ever get to see it in Ma. Chcek out Nutnfancys video on it.
ggboy

In this video does he refer to the caliber as "nine em em?"

Man, you REALLY hate Glock don't you.
They are just guns. I hate people in general, and stupid people in particular, but I don't hate objects. I'm not a fan, I give you that, but hate is a rather strong word. I believe this is a legitimate discussion to have, tho.

Back
Top Bottom