• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who wants a 500 S&W Lever Action Carbine?

Who?
I was doing bear hunting with .454 Casull revolver. and there were cases where the targets were just a little out of range and hidden more in the woods....so i wanted a rifle for the longer range and more difficult shots. after a little research, i found a stainless .454 lever action from Rossi. And i could not be happier. Did not have to carry two types of ammo when hunting.

So if you HUNT with .500 S&W, it would make sense to have a rifle in it too.
and it is logical too, something you hunt with that big iron is probably dangerous game, and you might need a backup weapon anyway

I’m not sure if tactical and lever action belong in the same sentence. Looks cool though. What does it hold like 4 shots?

For real time use I take a pump shotgun any day of the week…
Sure it does. If you wanted to be rich, you could produce lever action 9mm rifles with threaded barrels, railed handguards, magpul stock, and feed it from glock magazines.
brb, threw up in my mouth typing that.

last time i checked ammo for the 500 was crazy stupid expensive. that was over 5 years ago. dies and new empty brass was a little less crazy stupid but still in the stupid realm. i worked with a guy at the time who owned one and was going broke feeding it.
The big calibers need to be reloaded.
New brass is not the cheapest, but it will last so many loadings, it is not worth it to worry about the cost of brass.

When reloading, you can get the cost of those rounds down to well under $1.

Back
Top Bottom