Who uses BB guns to help with training?

I just purchased a Glock 26 replica from tokyo marui to hopefully help aid in my training.

I looked at the LaserLyte Laser Trainer Cartridges but I do not like that you get absolutely no recoil, you have to manually rack the slide after every pull and there is no actual projectile to better simulate real ammo. I did like that with the LaserLyte you don't have bbs to worry about getting all over the place and the fact you use your actual gun even though the replica is pretty damn close.

I just wanted to get some opinions. So, who uses BB guns to help with training?

tokyo-marui-glock-26-3.jpg

Dry firing your own gun is better for grip control and proper trigger technique.

What airsoft guns are useful for is practicing drawing and drills changing stance, direction, reloading, etc. All the things which you really need to eventually practice with a loaded gun at a range, but can't at home or would preferably be done for newbies with something nonlethal (airsoft pellets),

since I cant get to the range often I use my pellet guns to keep my eyes and basic fundamentals in check. There are pellet guns out there that if you don't practice the basics of marksman ship it will show up on the target. I also set up a mini steel challenge and use my crosman 357 revolver, reloads are not very fast.
I dont like BBs they bounce back to easy. lead pellets will also but no where near as often

I would use airsoft as well. less likely to break stuff. Could even set up (or have someone do it for you) targets in your house of threats and friendlies and practice clearing it assuming you have to reach a loved one somewhere else in the house.

All you need is a blanket for a backstop for softair. You can set up anywhere even your living room. I recommend everyone get instructor training and even if you live in an apartment can give basic firearm and marksmanship training to your anti/iffy friends and neighbors. With the cycling versions you can get very realistic inexpensive training anywhere.

They are great for what MisterHappy mentioned and also learning the basics of gun responsibility, muzzle control,putting your safety on,knowing your target and what's behind it , ETC. Also they're cheap to shoot. A great platform to teach your young ones on if you're not sure they are old enough to handle a 22 yet.

Back
Top Bottom