• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who the Hell steals SD chips out of trail cameras?

StevieP

NES Member
Sofa king mad right now.

New cam put out just last week. Seen a few does and a spike buck already so I know it's a decent spot. Well off the beaten path, down in a freaking swamp. Nobody would just be walking by and see the trailcam by happenstance. But whoever found it opened it and took the SD card out.

On my way to Cabela's to buy two more cams. One to aim at the existing camera, and another to aim at BOTH of them from high up in a tree.

Thieves suck so bad. If it's not yours, don't touch it! How hard is that? Who raised these people???

Crazy since they are $3-5 at this point. Sorry to hear that, hope you catch the jackass.

To see if there's any game in the area and poach it. Replacing the SD card later prevents the cam owner from learning about it.

Sofa king mad right now.

New cam put out just last week. Seen a few does and a spike buck already so I know it's a decent spot. Well off the beaten path, down in a freaking swamp. Nobody would just be walking by and see the trailcam by happenstance. But whoever found it opened it and took the SD card out.

On my way to Cabela's to buy two more cams. One to aim at the existing camera, and another to aim at BOTH of them from high up in a tree.

Thieves suck so bad. If it's not yours, don't touch it! How hard is that? Who raised these people???

That sucks. I've had a hidden camera watching my main camera for two years now. I've caught people looking at the main camera (actually got them on both cameras), but so far, it's been good.

same guy that steals 30 bagged lunches?

chris_farley_billy_madison.jpg

Get yourself a nice lump of wood, with BARK, and a drill with a huge rasp on it.

faithfull-rotary-ball-ended-wood-rasp-12-x-35mm.jpg

Hollow it out and place a cam in it.

Concealed means Concealed.

Maybe a couple did the naughty in front of your camera and didn't notice it until after? They didn't want you to see them but they didn't want to steal your camera either?

I'd bet the guy had his picture taken and then noticed the camera and didn't take too kindly. I've come across countless camera's in the woods, I just walk around them and leave them alone. Not the first time i've heard of someone stealing the card only. I'd move the cam and forget about setting up more to catch whoever it is, if it were me i'd scrap the whole area because why would I want to waste time with guys like that in the same area.

I have the whole Bushnell protective case / Master lock setup. Even if it's set up in the back yard. The cable on the Master lock is surprisingly difficult to cut: I know this because my corroded shut over last winter and had to be cut off. Took a while.

What would be your plan if you had footage of someone stealing your camera? The cops arent going to great lengths to solve the case i would imagine

Last edited:
Well, I saw a game cam in the woods under a tree stand near my house. I simply held up my Jack Russell in front of it.

Wish I could see the guy's face when he sees that pic. [grin]

I,find it funny you guys think your spots are so isolated.
My buddy thought he was the only one in his secret spot until he set up cams.... it's crazy how many people trump through his secret spot.
He has had cams,cards,stands and even a thermos of hot chocolate stolen from his various sites.so far no one has been caught.

That's low, I see stands & cameras all the time and would never think about messing with them. My first thought was no way it was a hunter, should know better. But then again, would a non-hunter be walking thru the woods and see it? Who knows....

That sucks. I've had a hidden camera watching my main camera for two years now. I've caught people looking at the main camera (actually got them on both cameras), but so far, it's been good.

Good idea. Sad that it's necessary, but good idea. I had a camera stolen from my property last year and bought a lock for the new one. Wrote with sharpie next to the lock brackets, "Stolen if Broken" with an arrow pointing at the bracket position. Simple 'spy' cam would be a good idea.

Unfortunately some nearby construction will likely reduce the wildlife traffic past my camera.

mother****ers took my entire trailcam this week... i feel your pain

- - - Updated - - -

mother****ers stole my entire trail camera this week... i feel your pain

Back
Top Bottom