Who Rides Motorcycles?

MP-In-The-Wind

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1999 FXRS-2, with ~95K on it.
Almost stock.

I had a 1985 FXRS with around 500K on it; nowhere near stock. I sold it when I moved down here. Didn't have room for two bikes in the garage.
Nice! She has ~150K on hers...pretty much stock except for handlebars & feet forward controls...

TrackDayRdr

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bad part about putting my bike in winter storage to make room in the garage for the winter. Nice days that I could be riding kill me.
On my way back to the office I saw 8 - 10 kids on superbikes on 128N. Another reason not to buy a used superbike from someone under 40. I wonder how all this salt tastes?

TrackDayRdr

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bad part about putting my bike in winter storage to make room in the garage for the winter. Nice days that I could be riding kill me.
On my way back to the office I saw 8 - 10 kids on superbikes on 128N. Another reason not to buy a used superbike from someone under 40. I wonder how all this salt tastes?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've seen maybe 10 bikes in the last 2 days. Kind of jealous my toy is stored away for the winter, but slightly glad that I don't have to wash all this $hit off before putting it back away for the winter...If I had a heated garage I wouldn't care as much...Maybe some day.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a cross-over year, isn't it? Shovel top, kidney lower. I haven't seen one of those in a long time.
AMF aquired Harley Davidson in 1969. There is some quibbling among the purists as to weather it is a Harley or AMF bike.
That motor was in production from 1966 thru 1969. Panhead bottom end and the first of the shovelhead top ends.
Very hard to find parts now.

mannydog

NES Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
My bike is garaged in FL and I'm down for two weeks. My dog passed last week and I needed to get away to clear my head so I figured I'd head south and ride a bit. I ride pretty much every day when I'm here. Today was beautiful. Configured my bluetooth half helmet today. Also, picked up a real nice pair of almost-new riding boots for $25 from an older guy, retired Marine, that's not confident about his balance anymore.

allen-1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
No riding for me for a while...even with the nice weather
View attachment 267983
You've got indoor plumbing in your garage! Bet it leaks.

There was a shop out on 32 in Montville years ago that had a bunch of older British iron on the floor. The owner sold HD parts, but his passion was Brit bikes. I used to buy parts from him for my FXRS, and some of those bikes on his floor were simply beautiful.

TrackDayRdr

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super sport s. New ducs have stupid long service intervals.
And yeah. She wanted a tuono. But the super sport fit her better.
I rode in the days of 7,500 mile valve services and annual belts. Belts are easy enough even on the 4v, but valves were more than I wanted to bother with. My first Duc was a 99 Supersport 900 that I built to 944 and had the heads ported and a custom fuel map. Talk about a torque monster but typical for 2v Ducs, no top end. Ducati lost me after the 1098 days (I had one of those awesome machines!) when they became more Gucci than race track focused. My Tuono is everything I loved about my 1098 but with a handlebar.

Who is your stealership? I just had a valve service on my Tuono. JUST the valves, no oil or other work and with a 15% discount it still cost me $800. With service prices like that (I do most of the rest on my own) I am getting ready to be done with Italian bikes.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I rode in the days of 7,500 mile valve services and annual belts. Belts are easy enough even on the 4v, but valves were more than I wanted to bother with. My first Duc was a 99 Supersport 900 that I built to 944 and had the heads ported and a custom fuel map. Talk about a torque monster but typical for 2v Ducs, no top end. Ducati lost me after the 1098 days (I had one of those awesome machines!) when they became more Gucci than race track focused. My Tuono is everything I loved about my 1098 but with a handlebar.

Who is your stealership? I just had a valve service on my Tuono. JUST the valves, no oil or other work and with a 15% discount it still cost me $800. With service prices like that (I do most of the rest on my own) I am getting ready to be done with Italian bikes.
Seacoast sportcycle. Worth the drive. Are there any other aprillia dealers locally?
I drive a bmw k1200rs from 2000.
I do Gbm In Arlington for service.

The new panigale v4. Beast mode incarnate. Also. At my age. A chiropractor speciale.

Last edited:

fmyspray

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Road for over 10 years and stuck to super sports, but if I was to get back in the saddle I would run a naked sport bike. Eventually I would get a HD, but I've got enough toys right now.

First bike was a 06 CBR 600RR. Hated that thing
06 CBR 600 by Dip Dungles, on Flickr

Then went to a liter bike 07 CBR 1000RR. That thing scared the ever living shit out of me so I sold it before I did something stupid.
07 CBR 1K by Dip Dungles, on Flickr

Last one was a 07 GSXR 600. Beat the ever loving snot out of that thing and loved every moment of it.
06 GSXR 600 (14) by Dip Dungles, on Flickr

If you are going to ride the street there is nothing wrong with a 250 sport bike. Rack up miles, beat the hell out of it and then sell it to close what you originally paid for it.
That GSXR looks like my Sons old bike. Did you happen to buy it from Greg/Brendan Malany out of my shop in Natick, Mass?

LuvDog

NES Member
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
The last time I sold a bike and went bikeless was about 20 years ago... and every spring after that was torture.

I'm back to having bikes and even though I rarely have time to ride them anymore, I'll never sell and go bikeless again.

TrackDayRdr

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seacoast sportcycle. Worth the drive. Are there any other aprillia dealers locally?
I drive a bmw k1200rs from 2000.
Meh...Gucci dealership. I bought a Duc during the days of BCM Ducati in Laconia. Those were the good old days... Seacoast is the only Ape dealer around.

I do Gbm In Arlington for service.
You don't go to Max's BMW?? GBM are hacks.

milktree

NES Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
wat?

I don't have a BMW or Ducati or Aprilia!

I had an ST2 on loan for a little while, but it didn't agree with me. I also had a '93 750ss for a while (also on loan) which was kinda tough on my back. It's been Honda Hawks and a couple CBR 600s since then. (and a '91 Suzuki Bandit 400, which is a freakin' hoot! But only for 40 minutes or so)

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The Medford Ducati dealership was nice. But their prices on bikes were much higher than Seacoast. Never been to Max’s. I have a leaky valve cover. Might take it there.

It’s a bit of a ride from MA. The only reason I do gmb is that it’s minutes from my house. And not as spendy as the dealer down south for repairs.

allen-1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
wat?

I don't have a BMW or Ducati or Aprilia!

I had an ST2 on loan for a little while, but it didn't agree with me. I also had a '93 750ss for a while (also on loan) which was kinda tough on my back. It's been Honda Hawks and a couple CBR 600s since then. (and a '91 Suzuki Bandit 400, which is a freakin' hoot! But only for 40 minutes or so)

I thought you knew Max?

Top Bottom