Who parkerizes?

I'm looking to gather some parking gear but can't seem to find a website that sells nice narrow tanks.. All searches have brought me to companies with 2500gal+ tanks. I've heard Doubleought a bunch of times but their website seems to be nonexistent. I have pretty much everything except for the tank and solution (not hard to find/get). I have seen a few on ebay but am weary of the quality. Anyone know where to get the gear?

for smaller jobs, go to Loves or Home Despot. Look for stainless steel mud pans. They are about $15 for a 14" pan. That's how I etched my receivers before painting. Parking is just a different solution.

Cbudz,
I use Mike Pigney in Taunton for all my bluing and parkerizing needs. 508-821-7621

[shocked] You don't park your own stuff with all that space you have! Then again, what would one charge? Thanks I'll look into him. I remember (flintoid?) saying he paid like $150 or something ridiculous like that, if that's the case i'd rather do it myself.

for smaller jobs, go to Loves or Home Despot. Look for stainless steel mud pans. They are about $15 for a 14" pan. That's how I etched my receivers before painting. Parking is just a different solution.

I remember a solution from HD being mentioned prior to the AK build, this doesn't require heating?

I remember a solution from HD being mentioned prior to the AK build, this doesn't require heating?

nope, it's Klean Strip, surface prep etch (40% Phosphoric acid), you have to dillute it 1:4 and 15 min is tops what you need. No heat required. Parking is basically that plus some Manganese or Zinc salts.

Home Despot sells it in the paint department.

The other HD solution is 4" or 6" PVC, ends capped, with a slot cut down the length of the pipe for dipping barrels. The heat required for parkerizing isn't so much that the PVC is going to melt.

No need to cut a slot.

The ones I've seen use an electric hot water heater element and stand the PVC pipe on its end.

There are/were guys on the 1919 board that make stainless parkerizing tanks and they're not that expensive. Put a WTB ad on the board and see if you get any answers. If a few people went in on it and the solution, it pays for itself doing 2 guns each. (I'm not going to be around so count me out, I'll be setting up my own shop when I move.)

What's more important is a beadblasting cabinet so you can properly prepare the metal immediately before parkerizing it. Thats where the real expense is for anything large enough to something larger than a wristwatch or a pistol.

Go to www.MG34.com for the solution. I've used it and it works well. One gallon of concentrate makes 28 gallons of solution.

Back
Top Bottom