Who names their guns?

dwarven1

Lonely Mountain Arms
I don't mean things like "Colt Gold Cup". I mean do any of you call your guns by a name? (My wife tells me that the F15 that usually does her test flights is named "Betsy"...)

For example, my old Mod 19 got nicknamed "Flametongue". Why? Because of the rather large muzzle blast from some uh... warm loads I made for it. Like a jet of flame a foot long.

And today, for some reason, my former safe queen, the CZ-75, just got named Franchesca. Why? Well... Maybe because of what the C stands for (Ceska), and mostly just because. Took her out today to the range and blew through about 150 rds of 9mm with Franchesca and crfriend's Steyr-Hahn 1912 and his P38 Mauser.

(I cracked Carl up while he was shooting the Mauser... I just went "Schulllltz!" quietly (but not quietly enough) and he had to put the gun down he was laughing so hard. My bad... I didn't think he'd hear it through the muffs.)

Anyway... anyone got any names to share?

I name just about every prized possetion of mine.

My Mosin Nagant's name is "Sergi the Ugly Russian" named after Sergi Mosin (dunno if he was ugly...but M-N are not much to look at)

I also have a Glenfeild Mod 60 .22
I call it "Squurll" because of the squirrel on the stock, and after an amusing band name from the movie "Coffee and Cigarettes"

my other guns don't have name. 8)

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

My first M1861 Springfield was named "Lucille".
Alas.............she's probably just sitting in the corner of someone's spare parts bin by now, minus the tube and buttplate......

Ofcourse I name my guns. Sorry Ross, I should have introduced you properly to them when we went shooting. [lol]

(I also name my vehicles, fwiw)

"Bad Larry"

I call just about everything I have a "Bad Larry".

Oh, you were admiring my new 1911, here check out this "Bad Larry".

Well...this isn't all of them, only cuz I haven't named Ed's. [lol]

I have a small .25 Baretta - that's Baby.

My 5 shot Rossi is....Ross. :D

My 9mm Smith is Jonesy.

My Walther PPK (before I sold it, anyway) was James. [wink]

My Mark I Ruger is Ruddy.

My .22 Browning is Brownie (okay - no imagination there, I know)

And the Makarov is Beethoven.

Now that I'm working again, I plan on adding to the "kids". :D

Lynne said:

Uh... why?

Just wondering.

I think I'm going to have to work on names for the rest of the toys. I'm thinking that the COP may have to be named Hobbes. Or perhaps Thomas. Because it's nasty, brutish & short.

Sort of like it's owner. :D

I don't name my guns, named my truck though. Oh and me and some friends did name a hot load for a .44 Magnum.

We dub it the 'Jesus Christ Load' because when you pop one off and see the muzzle flash go like 3 feet in front of you you just say 'Jesus Christ'

dwarven1 said:
Lynne said:

Uh... why?

Just wondering.

I think I'm going to have to work on names for the rest of the toys. I'm thinking that the COP may have to be named Hobbes. Or perhaps Thomas. Because it's nasty, brutish & short.

Ouch!
Why? I maybe short , not too short but neither am I brutish nor nasty! [lol]

hiram_Abiff said:
dwarven1 said:
Lynne said:

Ouch!

Thomas Hobbes once once said:
Whatsoever therefore is consequent to a time of war, where every man is enemy to every man, the same consequent to the time wherein men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them withal. In such condition there is no place for industry, because the fruit thereof is uncertain: and consequently no culture of the earth; no navigation, nor use of the commodities that may be imported by sea; no commodious building; no instruments of moving and removing such things as require much force; no knowledge of the face of the earth; no account of time; no arts; no letters; no society; and which is worst of all, continual fear, and danger of violent death; and the life of man, solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short.

dwarven1 said:
hiram_Abiff said:
dwarven1 said:
Lynne said:

Ouch!

Thomas Hobbes once once said:
Whatsoever therefore is consequent to a time of war, where every man is enemy to every man, the same consequent to the time wherein men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them withal. In such condition there is no place for industry, because the fruit thereof is uncertain: and consequently no culture of the earth; no navigation, nor use of the commodities that may be imported by sea; no commodious building; no instruments of moving and removing such things as require much force; no knowledge of the face of the earth; no account of time; no arts; no letters; no society; and which is worst of all, continual fear, and danger of violent death; and the life of man, solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short.

You're a Man of Letters! [wink] when are you coming out with your book my brother? [wink]

Back
Top Bottom