• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who makes their own bullets by swaging?

widnerkj

NES Member
I've noticed quite a few threads about casting your bullets, and the articles are good. I'm just wondering if any of you folks do the swaging route? Makeing "free" projo's for the .223 out of spent .22lr seems like an intresting way to hide from the wife in the garage for a few hours. Any of you have a set up like this?

http://www.corbins.com/rfjm.htm

I do some swaging (.40 S&W made from 9mm cases, 44 magnum bullets swaged using .40 S&W cases as the jacket, and will be getting into swaging .224 sized bullets using the .22 LR cases as the jackets.)

There's a pretty good discussion on this specific subject over at castboolits.

Link: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41

Corbin is only one way to get tools. There are cheaper alternatives. And, faster ones also.
You should read up on the threads by BT Sniper.

I looked into it a while ago, but Corbins equipment was pretty expensive. It was also hard to find the raw material, and if I found it, it was very expensive.

Duke, thanks a lot. After reading about swaging 9mm brass into .40's. I'm now that much closer to giveing in on a 10mm. I'm gonna be broke forever.

broke? The expensive part of reloading is the bullet.
To be able to remove that expensive part from the equation..............

Makes it dirt cheap to shoot.

Cast bullets and swaged bullets........... easy to do, and fun to make.

you have a valid point Duke. One thing at a time.... First I need to build my new workbench. Then get a swage press...

Swage press?

Most of the current home swaging process is based on being able to do it on simple single station reloading presses.

I'm currently using a RCBS Rockchucker press I got off of eBay for about $50 to do all of my swaging. I can use the same press to also reload any of the calibers that I reload for. No need to buy any special press. Everyone needs a single station press on their bench.

Back
Top Bottom