who makes the best "dress" gun belts?

It's interesting as i check out the sites, everyone has a wait of at least 3- and up to 12 weeks. Doesn't anyone keep inventory?
Beltman has quick ship bullhide belts, all others are custom made to order. I had gotten a quick ship one as my first gun belt years ago, iirc I got it in a week or two.

I have an old Dickies belt, looks like an older version of this (click) that has served me quite well for carrying, IDPA, etc. Dirt cheap too.

iu

Too dressy?

No personal experience, but I'm looking likely at one of these two for my next belt:
Crossover Gun Belt
RGB Ratchet Gun Belt | CCW, EDC & Dress Belt All In One

I'm leaning toward the Cross Breed b/c it's got more options, although the RGB comes in a nifty wood box and has a stiffening insert (CB claims they don't need one due to the quality of the leather they use).

Edit: multiple people have said the Cross Breed doesn't fit in dress pants, so now probably leaning towards the RGB.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxZ_8YibfHE

Last edited:
Another vote for Crossbreed. I have a black one I've been wearing for about 8 years now. Dress shirt and slacks most days for work.

need new belt, I wear dress pants and shirt 5 days a week, I know it's not ideal size, but I'm looking for the best 1.25"-1.5" gun belt... black now, and if it wears well brown shortly

has to not "look like" a gun belt, I have plenty of those for the 2 days a week I'm in jeans

Check out J.R. Customs (Jim Ryan), a holster maker located out in Idaho. His gun belts are superb and indeed look like dress belts. I have one that has been my everyday belt for ~ 5 years, in addition to several of his holsters and mag carriers. But do not expect immediate gratification. Pay your money and get in line.

Best is relative. I'm not a Beltman fan b/c they are TOO stiff.

I've got one of the Anson gunbelts. It's not as stiff as most, but it works. What I like is the click-adjustment. No more "Ugh notch, side-down-your-ass notch" problems. Eat a bit too much at lunch, a small movement of your hand and you've got breathing room. Things start slipping down, cinch it down quickly.

I don't think the belts themselves would last a long time. But I don't know if that's so bad. They aren't THAT expensive.

It's interesting as i check out the sites, everyone has a wait of at least 3- and up to 12 weeks. Doesn't anyone keep inventory?

Most of these are "custom" ish. So they usually have blanks and they cut and finish them when you order.

As mentioned, I do not think either of my Hank's orders took more than a week to get to my door.

so I ordered 2... one from RGB and one from Alessi. One expected before the weekend and the other some time in late April/early May

I chose the rgb because it could ship immediately and the ratchet system fascinates me as a guy between belt sizes of fat and fatter. And I have a couple Alessi holsters that are so well made, I know I'll be happy with the quality of his belts

Hanks belts. Made by the Amish. Excellent selection of different types. They run sales occasionally....a percentage off. I have one and am very satisfied. They also make wallets.

I recently got a belt from A&G custom and could not be more happy with it. Very well made and they were fast to answer questions before I ordered.

need new belt, I wear dress pants and shirt 5 days a week, I know it's not ideal size, but I'm looking for the best 1.25"-1.5" gun belt... black now, and if it wears well brown shortly

has to not "look like" a gun belt, I have plenty of those for the 2 days a week I'm in jeans
Kore track belt looks like regular belt. Had one for year and a half. Carry heavy scan device for work, heavier than my P320. Every previous belt has looked trashed after 6 months, this still looks new. I have both their 1.5in tactical, and the 1.25 dress EDC belt. Dress belt is the one I wear everyday, and it is still looking like new. Consider it $60 well spent....

I use an Aker B22, but for a more formal look I use a dark brown Daltech. These are both 1.25". The Aker I bought was a lighter brown with lighter stitching and can be worn with casualwear or business casual if I'm wearing casual shoes, but with a suit the Daltech dark brown looks great with dark brown oxfords:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073X35T5Z/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've found that 1.25" belts work just fine, even with larger guns, if you a good holster with strong holster clips.

I've used my Jeffrey gunleather 1.5" belt with a suit on multiple occasions. I couldn't believe it but it fit through the pants loops and matched my shoes :D
I also got tons of compliments on it!

I have an Amerihide 1.25” I wear almost everyday. Very sturdy and looks great. It’s holding up very well....still looks new after 2 years. Price is usually around $50 (watch for sales) so it is a good value. Made in America.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom