• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who makes a semi-auto compact/micro-compact pistol in .22 Mag?

Only one I can think of right away is the KelTec, and that is NOT a compact.
I know there are some small revolvers, but thinking of something like the Ruger LC II, but in .22 Magnum.

Found these, but none of them are small (pocket size):

After a cursory Google search: No One makes a .22mag in a compact/micro platform.

Ruger's LCP II in .22LR does however, have what looks like the real estate for the longer .22mag round.
Maybe with a different slide and barrel they are planning for a future option?

1662346026952.png

Only one I can think of right away is the KelTec, and that is NOT a compact.
I know there are some small revolvers, but thinking of something like the Ruger LC II, but in .22 Magnum.

Found these, but none of them are small (pocket size):

Walther released the WMP this year but I would not call it small. Its smaller than that shit stain KelTec though and way more reliable. It’s an absolutely fun pistol to own and is RDO ready. I wish it came with a threaded barrel option.

Walther released the WMP this year but I would not call it small. Its smaller than that shit stain KelTec though and way more reliable. It’s an absolutely fun pistol to own and is RDO ready. I wish it came with a threaded barrel option.

It's 8.2 inches!!!!!!!!!!! That's more than double some of the other ones, a full 4+ inches longer. That's a no. Also, what is RDO?

Yeah, its not small but it works pretty good, better than most.

Red Dot Optic
Was looking for pocket carry originally. Both of these are not that, but seems like a nice enough gun. If I wanted a big gun, I have one, and was contemplating carry options for that
I'd go with a S & W model 351 PD
Ruger makes a nice LCR in .22 Mag. That is also a consideration. Was just checking the options on semi-autos as well.

Originally, this started as a search for anything comparable in size in .380 to the P3AT. I guess the LCPII is almost there. Maybe the Kahr, but I need to look at that.

Thanks everyone.

The 351 seemed like a great idea to us, until we found one and pulled the trigger-its beyond hideous-the LCR wmr is simply the only way to go should one want this very very effective civilian concealed carry option though ammo pricing pretty much excludes this caliber in favor of the 9mm-of course there is always the issue of felt recoil........

The PD has a good enough trigger pull for a rimfire pocket gun. You won't be target shooting with it. In fact, you won't even be looking at the sights.
You'll just yank it out of you pocket and point it at the bad guy a couple of feet away and yank the trigger until the bad guy stops acting bad.

by the time the gun finally goes bang the bg will have had enough time to take the gun and stuff it up ones you know what, then proceed to do whatever.... of course it is possible that we tried the exception rather than the rule but the trigger of the Smith is often cited in this great but now prohibitively expensive caliber.

nobody has mentioned a Jennings !

View attachment 658227
Not a .22 Mag.

How about a Baby Browning in .25ACP? Jack.
Not a .22 Mag.

If you can find one of the AMT Automag 2 like i have i rapid fire mine. It Never skips a beat
Not compact/micro compact.

Not compact/micro compact (enough).

The Glock 42 is tiny, very pocket carry of a pistol.
The Glock 43 is a little bit larger but also reasonable for pocket.

I only pocket carry, personally.
Still too big, not .22 Mag.

I don't mean any shade to the OP of this thread, and I think .22 magnum in handguns has its uses. But I always recommend that anyone considering a .22 magnum handgun take a look at www.ballisticsbytheinch.com to understand how .22 magnum is affected by barrel length. In short, from smaller pistols, .22 magnum does not come close to the 40 grains at 1800+ fps that made the round so respected in rifles.

From a 3" barrel, no .22 magnum rounds reach the 40 grains at 1250 fps that high velocity .22 long rifle will deliver from a rifle barrel. .22 magnum still outperforms .22 lr from a similar sized pistol, but the performance is not great. You also get a surprising amount of noise and flash from .22 magnum in short barrels, so it seems more powerful than it is.

Again, I am not totally knocking .22 magnum. But from a small pistol, it should not be used for any jobs that are too big for a .22 rifle. And it is not at all similar to .22 magnum from a rifle length barrel, which has a large step more power than .22 lr.

Ballistics by the inch also shows that the round is very sensitive to barrel length. So from a 6" Single Six revolver, it picks up significant velocity, and some rounds do exceed the performance of .22 lr from a rifle. However, this is not helpful in the search for an extremely compact pistol.

Also, to the best of my knowledge, none of the recent .22 magnum rounds that are designed for short barrels actually deliver significantly better ballistics, though some of them may have projectiles that are better designed for their actual velocity.

Back
Top Bottom