• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who likes this G17 ?

Do you guys like this special edition G17 Gen 4?

I like the front serrations. The extended slide stop and steel night sights are really nice.

Attachments

• 000_0644.JPG
    000_0644.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 273
yeah I like Glocks. It looks like it would do the job. That's all I've ever really asked for out of my Glocks. As above, what makes it Special Edition other than the serrations?

??? Front serrations and "extended" slide stop. Which really doesn't get that extendy. Steel night sights are easy to acquire and install as well. The beauty of a Glock is that just about any moron can replace the parts with minimal tools. You could really even do the rear sight with just a punch.

EDIT

I noticed it's not MOS. I can't understand why since Gen4 Glock hasn't included front serrations. They are stupid and useless, but it's something the shooting community expects.

Of course, this is Glock. Which didn't have finger grooves until the public DEMANDED finger grooves. And didn't have adjustable backstraps until the public DEMANDED adjustable backstraps.

Now the public want's neither. Basically the public wants a Gen2 Glock with a rail. And even then, I don't see too many people with s-word hanging off the front of the gun.

I have love for every gun... judgement free zone here man. Live your life the way you want: you want front serrations? Go for it. You want an extended slide stop? All yours man. Don't like Glocks? No worries. Lot's of different polymer, striker fired love out there for everyone.

So why are we having this discussion????? LOL

LOL, well, I just was wondering if any others have this particular edition. I know you can change parts at a low cost but I like that it has those changes over the standard G17.
Also, a couple of Glock armorers told me just get it and shoot the hell out of it and enjoy it.

LOL, well, I just was wondering if any others have this particular edition. I know you can change parts at a low cost but I like that it has those changes over the standard G17.
Also, a couple of Glock armorers told me just get it and shoot the hell out of it and enjoy it.

Well is several Glock armorers agree than it is probably a safe buy (like every other Glock).

I put the factory extended slide stop on all my Glocks. It's cheap and dirt simple to install. I have come around to appreciating forward slide serrations.

That's the "Summer Special" or whatever from last year, they had 17s and 19s. I actually had a 19 on order but went with a vanilla 19 since I was Rolandizing it and I liked the location and depth of the cuts they were going to make (compared to that Special Edition) and dgaf about the roll mark, and wasn't going to use the sights anyhow. I bought the extended slide stop, it actually makes a big difference for me (as does the Vickers, this just has a tiny bit more to it). It's amazing the difference millimeters can make on the location/size of components when you are marginal for fit.

Long story short is it's fine, grab one if you like the differences? A lot depends on a lot of other factors obviously.

I put the factory extended slide stop on all my Glocks. It's cheap and dirt simple to install. I have come around to appreciating forward slide serrations.

I think much of it depends on where the front serrations are located. With the Glock in the OP, it's my opinion that the front slide serrations are too close to the muzzle, which scares me wrt maybe losing a digit under stress or in competition shooting. I think in another thread you mentioned that you had a Shadow 2. On this pistol, the serrations are located farther back from the muzzle to just in front of the trigger guard, which seems safer to me.

Back
Top Bottom