Who Knows?

I align with the commentary by fencer and radtekk. And though I've moved to NC, I live in a neighborhood that's not conducive to shooting in my yard. I have options in ranges that go out to 500 yards within a short drive, though.

One day a customer noticed my Sig sticker, then asked about my NES sticker, so I told him. I have known him for years, but it never came up. He told me he used to shoot sporting clays and asked me "what do you shoot?" I simply replied "Everything"
Without exaggeration, I have probably introduced pretty close to 50 people to shooting and have written 15 letters of recommendation. From school teachers, to new service men, a couple of highschool students, a few college students, doctors and even a liberal attorney. And never once would I accept a dime for the hundreds of rounds they put down range. I gotta start reloading...

I keep my mouth mostly shut. My wife knows. A few friends know but less than a handful. A few of the leo's in town know so I suspect most of them do.
Most everyone knows I'm an owner and I don't care. I refuse to hide over it.

I had a friend (fairly liberal and an artist) ask me one day at lunch if I was carrying. My reply was to assume I'm always carrying.

If anybody I don't know and trust asks if I have a gun, I will say "no" or "I have an old rusty .22 rifle in our family house in NH", and "I never carry". For people that I do know and trust, I'll tell them some of the stuff that I have but not that I carry (unless I know they are likely to carry also).

Back
Top Bottom