• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who isn't buying a handgun because of ammo?

Been thinking of a .45 auto but with low or no availability of ammo, I haven't done it. Anyone else have this predicament?

Do you put off buying a car or groceries due to increased fuel/food prices? If it's just an extra or a frivolous purchase, I suppose you could do without.
You might find the handgun is bargain priced as no one is willing to feed it.
This crisis will pass, but no guarantee that we'll return to pre-covid prices.

.45 isnt quite as unobtainium as 9mm is, if youre patient enough you can get enough boxes to run your gun.

i had a former work colleague call me yesterday all excited that he just got his ltc and was asking if i'd go with him to a shop to look at handguns. oh, mama! this is not the time to jump in. didn't tell him that but he'll find out on his own. anyone want to get rid of a .40 and ammo, send me 5 bucks for a raffle ticket and i'll let him pick a number. winner....he'll buy yours. [laugh]

Sissy Strut playing in the background. Love that tune.

I've watched it start to finish three times and I love picking up stuff like that each time. Prez was the only police to ever fire a weapon in the entire series. Daniels is a mystery really, I've never understood why he's in the show, he played an equally mysterious "why was he there" role in Lost.

Ive sold a few toys in the last couple months and they were all in popular calibers...so things are selling. Whether or not they had ammo or reload....who knows?

Regardless of ammo, id pay a huge premium to get my hands on a new Baer 1911 right now.

Ammo is “findable”, just keep searching. Buy the gun. Every house should have a 1911 just because.

Or two, or three...

I carry Glocks, I shoot Glocks in IDPA/USPSA - that's my platform of choice.
But - Tupperware.

I have 3 full size 1911's in .45, one in 9mm, and a couple baby 1911 styled guns in .380.
They're just mechanically neat and full of history.

Back
Top Bottom