Who is still a fan of gun shows?

getting hit flat in the face with that beautiful eye watering sweet smell of BO, swamp ass and mold.
There is an age old expression called, " One and done", never again! It seems every MA redneck comes out of the pile of manure with their best flannel shirt on that hasn't been washed since the last show. Even a spin through a car wash wouldn't de - stench them! The B.O. was so bad at Marlboro about ten years ago, no thanks to any gun shows! If you plan on going, don't forget to bring more than one clothespin! Two or more, just in case one gets knocked off your nose!

Last edited:
I might also go...Since Covid and Social Distancing arose, I have forgotten the smell of BO and stagnant Fart Sweat....
In all seriousness, Marlboro is OK when one includes the next stop afterwards 12.2 miles south on Rte 20 on the way home as part of the day...

Probably be about the only place I'll get to "shoot" something that day...

There is an age old expression called, " One and done", never again! It seems every MA redneck comes out of the pile of manure with their best flannel shirt on that hasn't been washed since the last show. Even a spin through a car wash wouldn't de - stench them! The B.O. was so bad at Marlboro about ten years ago, no thanks to any gun shows!
I swear to G-d homeless people have better hygiene than the 'Yankee swamp people' from central casting that show up at MA gun shows. Seriously, the average pant shitting alcoholic hobo sleeping nightly in construction site porta-potties in the heat of July smells better.

Hey guys, I was curious to get some opinions about gun shows in general & and if most people still find it fun to get great prices on items. I've read that sometimes vendors lower prices towards the end of shows so they don't have to pack up as much -- is that accurate?
I have never gone to a gun show because of “good” prices.
I have worked out deals but the prices generally are never “good”
I go to gun shows in hopes to finding/seeing stuff I am not going to find or see through local shops.
Sadly over the past years especially in MA gun shows have dwindled in size and quality.
Last gun show I went to was in plymouth mass. Over all I might as well have went to the taunton flea market. Probably would have found more stuff I needed.
?
So in the end I go to Gun Shows for the “show”

Hey guys, I was curious to get some opinions about gun shows in general & and if most people still find it fun to get great prices on items. I've read that sometimes vendors lower prices towards the end of shows so they don't have to pack up as much -- is that accurate?

This all was maybe the case 5 or so years ago, not anymore. No great prices haven't seen a vendor lower prices towards the end in a LONG time since they're pretty much just packing it up for the next show the following week.

Rte 20 runs East/West.
Well, it's Massachusetts, so an east/west highway probably runs north/south. (Haven't checked.) Like Upper Cape Cod is below the Lower Cape on a map, and the Lower Cape is, natch, above the Upper Cape.

Haven't been to a gun show on the east coast. Went to a few on the west coast but quickly learned that it was a museum-type experience, not a buying opportunity.

I've never been to a decent gun show. All of them had inventory that was overpriced and contrary to popular belief did not have better Jerky than Trader Joes. And some had the balls to charge a fee to get in. Oh, and the guys that come out of the woods of western MA wearing cowboy hats and Duster jackets... they smell like hot balls.

View: https://youtu.be/nCsVOO_3EUU

In new England? Lol

Most of the shows are trash now. NH and maybe small club shows, sure. I'd still go to those.

The big 3 or 4 MA shows are dead. The promoter is spineless and greedy. The days of "deals" at gun shows are long gone. Honestly you're better off hitting up a few gun shops in a morning or something. You won't feel as ripped off.

I enjoy just seeing what there is to see. Not every time will be great. In fact, if you go 50-50 you're doing good. It's a nice waste of 2 hours. 3 if it's a mob scene. Although I refuse to go to mob scenes anymore so 2 or nothing. LOL

When I got to Round Robin, it is the one in Millbury. But now I will demand a 30oz ribeye along with the bottomless steak fries next time I am there.
The trouble with going to Round Robin
is that the maitre d' makes you wait your turn.

Sure!! Who doesn’t love being stopped at the door of a 2A event and told to hand over your roscoe by some fudd douchenozzle ...
maxresdefault.jpg

Don’t forget the long robin red horn steak lozenges!
Meh; weak.

I went to a show way back in 1997 and that was awesome (my first one) I was blown away at the surplus of guns and ammo. Been to about 3 more over the past decade and now we have the internet transparancy and the gun shows are just "yawn". Not worth the time and the 10 bucks for admission.

I still go if I have nothing better to do. Local shows here in Maine. I've found screaming deals on stuff you just don't see everywhere. Parts, pieces, books. Mostly things that the buyer doesn't know what he has

I'm assuming you mean shows that have guns. The last show I went to about four years ago didn't have that many guns. Mostly knives, gun safes, books, targets, T-shirts, and military items. And let's not forget the Jerky. But what little they did have in guns and ammo was very expensive, far more expensive than any gun shop around here, that's for sure. I used to love to go to gun shows when you could get a good deal, but those days are long gone. I'm not sure about other states but Massachusetts gun shows are a waste of time and money.

Winter I might think of going to one. Spring, fall and summer I have way more important things to do.

I barely go to gun stores to buy guns anymore, and if I do its out of state, because the ones near me suck ass (gunparlor). Going out of my way to pay to get into a show with overpriced guns, stinky people and wierdo's is not high on the list.

Winter I might think of going to one. Spring, fall and summer I have way more important things to do.

I barely go to gun stores to buy guns anymore, and if I do its out of state, because the ones near me suck ass (gunparlor). Going out of my way to pay to get into a show with overpriced guns, stinky people and wierdo's is not high on the list.

Don’t forget the flat beer, horrible food, And restrooms that are just a disgrace.

When I was like six or seven years old my mom used to take me there and I loved it. But they used to have real things as well.

The only time I found a good find it would’ve been the first revolver I ever bought. But the background check got pending further review I didn’t want to drive two hours to pick it up or have to deal with 2FFL’s….

I’m always pushed further review unless I really don’t even care and then I go through instantly. How are you gonna buy something at a gun show and not leave woth it? There’s nothing there that I’m willing to drive for

I kind of feel like the whole gun show loophole ruined it….You used to be able to go down there and meet people and buy stuff… in Massachusetts you’re still doing all the paperwork anyway. You’re better off going on gun broker and meeting somebody at Dunkin’ Donuts or the gun parlor

Don’t forget the flat beer, horrible food, And restrooms that are just a disgrace.

When I was like six or seven years old my mom used to take me there and I loved it. But they used to have real things as well.

The only time I found a good find it would’ve been the first revolver I ever bought. But the background check got pending further review I didn’t want to drive two hours to pick it up or have to deal with 2FFL’s….

I’m always pushed further review unless I really don’t even care and then I go through instantly. How are you gonna buy something at a gun show and not leave woth it? There’s nothing there that I’m willing to drive for

I kind of feel like the whole gun show loophole ruined it….You used to be able to go down there and meet people and buy stuff… in Massachusetts you’re still doing all the paperwork anyway. You’re better off going on gun broker and meeting somebody at Dunkin’ Donuts or the gun parlor

In mass it was ruined by a greedy promoter that cucked 110% for Mauras bullshit plus the bullshit of a half dozen of her "pet" vendors that liked selling overpriced garbage.

The one thing I like about the gun shows is casually looking around when I’m not looking at anything and listening to the stupid shit people say . I say a lot of stupid shit all the time….But come on?

I know this makes me sound like I’m miserable person but I’m really not. It’s just f***ing hilarious it’s like the Internet in real life

Last edited:
Sure!! Who doesn’t love being stopped at the door of a 2A event and told to hand over your roscoe by some fudd douchenozzle that’s been dying to be in charge of something since the club stripped his RO cert, then paying the same a**h*** who’s demanding you disarm and trust him as he casually tosses your pistol into an unsecured desk drawer with 20 others guns in a heap, and then, finally, once you get in, getting hit flat in the face with that beautiful eye watering sweet smell of BO, swamp ass and mold.

The excitement of walking around looking at table after table of replica Nazi junk, moldy 1970’s uniforms, rusted equipment, craptastic firearms and cheap chinese knives, it’s goddamn glorious isn’t it, but too much exciting for my medium aged heart.
I want to thank you for this post, funniest thing I've read in quite some time. I laughed so hard I created some of my own "gun show aroma".

I went to a show way back in 1997 and that was awesome (my first one) I was blown away at the surplus of guns and ammo. Been to about 3 more over the past decade and now we have the internet transparancy and the gun shows are just "yawn". Not worth the time and the 10 bucks for admission.

10 Bucks??? You obviously hadn't been to one in a very long time. They haven't been 10 bucks in Mass for YEARS! Just more and more to get in the door, no thanks.

Back
Top Bottom