Who is still a fan of gun shows?

Hey guys, I was curious to get some opinions about gun shows in general & and if most people still find it fun to get great prices on items. I've read that sometimes vendors lower prices towards the end of shows so they don't have to pack up as much -- is that accurate?

shows kill and afternoon and it's fun to roam around with your buddies laughing at outrageous pricing. as to deals prior to pack out, i try and use that tactic but it usually don't work on high ticket items. 75% of the vendors do that for a living every weekend and follow the show circuit (before covid) and are use to packing up and loading out. it's no big deal to them, it's their job. you can get a deal from the one and done guy, the one who will never sell again and got a table to clean out his gun room and garage.

Hey guys, I was curious to get some opinions about gun shows in general & and if most people still find it fun to get great prices on items. I've read that sometimes vendors lower prices towards the end of shows so they don't have to pack up as much -- is that accurate?

If you have never been to a gun show, definitely check one out.

The days of deals are long gone.

They depend on people who go 'shopping', or not knowing what they want and just want to be talked into something. You can circumvent this by going there with something in mind that you have already researched and priced.

Me

Every one I have been to (at Rod & Gun clubs at least) featured every last FUDD that was a member. they would stand around clogging the aisles and mooning over a 60 year old shotgun that they would never shoot...
Other than that, it is something to experience once or twice.

1631647620448.png
Your post assumes there are "great prices" to find at gun shows...

The only great deal to be had is of BO

Sure!! Who doesn’t love being stopped at the door of a 2A event and told to hand over your roscoe by some fudd douchenozzle that’s been dying to be in charge of something since the club stripped his RO cert, then paying the same a**h*** who’s demanding you disarm and trust him as he casually tosses your pistol into an unsecured desk drawer with 20 others guns in a heap, and then, finally, once you get in, getting hit flat in the face with that beautiful eye watering sweet smell of BO, swamp ass and mold.

The excitement of walking around looking at table after table of replica Nazi junk, moldy 1970’s uniforms, rusted equipment, craptastic firearms and cheap chinese knives, it’s goddamn glorious isn’t it, but too much exciting for my medium aged heart.

When I got to Round Robin, it is the one in Millbury. But now I will demand a 30oz ribeye along with the bottomless steak fries next time I am there.

To confuse matters...the one in Millbury is also adjacent to a Longhorn. Maybe you can hit that up while you are there and bring home a pizza!

Every one I have been to (at Rod & Gun clubs at least) featured every last FUDD that was a member. they would stand around clogging the aisles and mooning over a 60 year old shotgun that they would never shoot...
Other than that, it is something to experience once or twice.

Last Springfield show I went to there was a wicked old guy that smelled of piss and shit in diapers ( I felt bad for him) just standing in front of a box of Israeli FAL mags that I wanted to sort though and buy a bunch.. Dude was literally standing there for 10 minutes. I wanted to say excuse me, but honestly I did not want to get that close because I would have hurled.. Felt bad for the dude, wearing his jean overalls and didn't even know he shit and pissed his diaper, like he couldn't even smell or feel it.

That same show was were the guy selling Nazi shit set up shop in the back playing Nazi marching music. That was a while ago.

You almost certainly won't find any deals on current hot items. But there is always the chance you may find a jewel among the used guns.

That reminds me of a RO course I once did.
It’s right in the folder of paperwork. “We’ll be outside boys! Refrain from wiping your ass or showering for 2 weeks up to the induction ceremony and bring your Buffalo caps.”

I used to shoot at Hanson pretty frequently. But it was all black rifle or sub-gun stuff, and god forbid some mag dumps. Actually a lot of mag dumps. Because who wouldn’t. lol

After morning coffee and chow I’d go up to the clubhouse to use the shitter in peace. Without fail there’d be 4-5 old fudds sitting there at the table talking, now I’m always polite AF, respectful and always offered a greeting as I passed by, not once, in years of going there, did one of them ever have the courtesy to even reply with good morning, hello, hey, hi. Nothing. Not one word in reply. It turned into a game for me to be even nicer each time I walked by, knowing that for some reason it really bothered them that I was there.

Two years and the convid plandemic might free up some old timer's basement stashes of reloading stuff - could be interesting.

but probably not worth breathing farts and BO through a mask

Sure!! Who doesn’t love being stopped at the door of a 2A event and told to hand over your roscoe by some fudd douchenozzle that’s been dying to be in charge of something since the club stripped his RO cert, then paying the same a**h*** who’s demanding you disarm and trust him as he casually tosses your pistol into an unsecured desk drawer with 20 others guns in a heap, and then, finally, once you get in, getting hit flat in the face with that beautiful eye watering sweet smell of BO, swamp ass and mold.

The excitement of walking around looking at table after table of replica Nazi junk, moldy 1970’s uniforms, rusted equipment, craptastic firearms and cheap chinese knives, it’s goddamn glorious isn’t it, but too much exciting for my medium aged heart.
So we'll see you there..... 🤣🤣🤣✌️

Back
Top Bottom