• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who is paying these prices???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just browsing in stock guns online for stores in Massachusetts. I was looking at Four Seasons used gun page..... who the hell is paying almost a thousand dollars for a used Gen 2 Glock 17??? [rofl] They have a bunch of them. I know they run a good shop at Four Seasons but I was floored seeing that. I feel bad for new shooters [mg]

you've not been into guns long then, have you? four seasons use to have a glock wall of shame a few years back where they'd be happy to sell you a 25-30 year old glock for 750 bucks and they made you feel like you were getting a bargain. prices are set to whatever the market will bear.

lmao I know right. Why do some of you modify glocks with a bunch of obscure parts and then try to recover all of your money from us
a discussion starter for sure...whether a glock someone took a wood burner to and stippled the grip is now a "custom" glock worth a few hundred additional dollars or not. that word custom is very prevalent in nes gun classifieds.

Mostly new shooters i would imagine. Just like with the elevated price of ammo, for new shooters these prices are all they know.

Last edited:
a discussion starter for sure...whether a glock someone took a wood burner to and stippled the grip is now a "custom" glock worth a few hundred additional dollars or not. that word custom is very prevalent in nes gun classifieds.
I would pay a slight premium for a Glock that is in original and unmodified condition. Nothing worse that buying a gun tampered with by an amateur gunsmith whose only training is watching YouTube videos.

Should I decide to buy a Glock, I fully expect to pay a $200 premium over list for a stock Gen5 19 or 26. I live in Massachusetts, and the AG has decided that new Glocks are EEEVIL and can’t be sold at retail except to law enforcement. So that means a private sale, and paying essentially black market prices.

In life, one occasionally faces a choice — pay an “idiot tax” for your past inaction or continue being an idiot.

The gun prices will keep going up,because Biden is going to give all these commies the power
to try to take our guns away.You wait,and see MA AG with the help of the FED'S,and Biden's
blessing will start f^*king with our gun rights again.

lmao I know right. Why do some of you modify glocks with a bunch of obscure parts and then try to recover all of your money from us

It’s that got dang Instagrams and YouTubes where all the kids see them churched up plastic guns.

Oh, by the way. Click the link in the bio on my IG page: Ingest_A_Satchel_Of_Richards, for one month free at Big Daddy Unlimited, it’s like “The Costco of the gun world”..... sorry bad joke

Anyone else seeing the “similar thread” suggested at the bottom of the page titled “Whose [sic] paying these insane prices for guns and ammo?”

It’s from 2013.

Many of the used guns at Four Seasons are consignment (18% commission; 15% on a very expensive multi-thousand $$ gun). In the case of consignment guns the seller, and not Carl, sets the price.,

Unlike Gunbroker, the Four Seasons used gun page does not track the sales price, so sellers cannot refer to previous sales when setting a price - only what others are asking. It's also worth noting that $900ish is a "guns readily available at" price, not a "grab it when you see it, won't last long" price.

I would pay a slight premium for a Glock that is in original and unmodified condition. Nothing worse that buying a gun tampered with by an amateur gunsmith whose only training is watching YouTube videos.
Actually, there is.

Such a gun offered by a seller who thinks it increases the value of the gun.

Hey we're not all idiots I've put together many an AR that run like tops.... but yeah you're correct drunken time with the Dremel and a smith and wesson 9sve led to questionable choices

Many of the used guns at Four Seasons are consignment (18% commission; 15% on a very expensive multi-thousand $$ gun). In the case of consignment guns the seller, and not Carl, sets the price.,

Unlike Gunbroker, the Four Seasons used gun page does not track the sales price, so sellers cannot refer to previous sales when setting a price - only what others are asking. It's also worth noting that $900ish is a "guns readily available at" price, not a "grab it when you see it, won't last long" price.
Yeah you can always make an offer. Guns are cool like that.. I feel like it's one of the very few industries that actually don't frown upon that.... I have my eye on a zev'd up 17 for a grand if its still at the shop I'll offer 800 and see where that goes.

The gun prices will keep going up,because Biden is going to give all these commies the power
to try to take our guns away.You wait,and see MA AG with the help of the FED'S,and Biden's
blessing will start f^*king with our gun rights again.
I agree here. Last few months I've been getting my stuff in order. Which was my plan anyway, but Covid made it a little harder and more expensive. Biden was just the cherry on top.
Stuff is inflated, and limited, but you can still get good prices on stuff.
I've bought duplicates of things I already have and I looked at my old receipts.... Some stuff prices are close or the same.

Why does everyone always get so butthurt over what someone else has decided to charge for something? Don’t like it don’t buy it.
I've purchased some things recently at higher than "normal" price and it didn't bother me one bit. But then there are some folks buying items for the sole purpose of reselling them and doing so at an extremely obnoxious markup. It's a free country, a free market, supply/demand,etc.....and I'm also free to believe that those folks are douchebags.

Yep the Glock market in MA is a head scratcher....but each to his own. I've seen looney toons prices and super fair prices in private sales for since Harshbarger imposed his mandate.

Whoever put this sucker together is still searching Wish.com for that switch he keeps seeing on youtube:

Come on now, they’re usually only “tasteful” mods though, right?? 😂
View attachment 424398

2cf37570-ed74-4d54-9166-e4a9045d37fa-jpeg.424398

About a year ago, four seasons had Glock 17 police trade in's for $399. And there were PLENTY available.
I should have bought more than one!

Anyone else seeing the “similar thread” suggested at the bottom of the page titled “Whose [sic] paying these insane prices for guns and ammo?”

It’s from 2013.
Yup. Just bumped it.

SmartSelect_20201218-103703_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: AHM
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom