• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who is going to Vermont Memorial weekend?

I'm planning on being out there for Saturdays match, I haven't heard back yet. I think they're going through the entries tomorrow to see how many spaces have been filled.

CD

I'm going. "8-Ring" Daigle (a nickname of his own making) is supposed to be sharing the ride.
I typed in directions with Mapquest. They say for me, living in the Brunswick area, to drive South down 95, jump over to Manchester on 101, and then drive North up 89. In my little pea-brain, it makes more sense to take 302 all the way over to Wells River/Barre. Looks shorter on the map, but maybe not quicker?

I did that way back a couple of years ago, and it took forever. It might be better to go around. I'm not sure what I'm going to do if I get in. Mapquest told me to go the long way from Augusta. Go figure.

Brian

Last edited:
Brian, are you the HM Brian that shot in Hampden at the 600yd Match back in May? If so, I think I introduced myself.

PatMcD

Yeah that's me. It was the first time I shot up at Hampden, and the first time I shot in several years. I really like that range a lot. Was it at the end of the match when Harry was showing me his rifle when I met you? I’m trying to put a name with a face.

Are you staying in the barracks in Bolton? I’m sending in my packet today. I hope there is still room in the match. We will have to get together and go out for a meal.

Brian

PatMcD,

Are you going to the work day in Hampden? I'm going to go up and help out. Do you know if they shoot after the work day is over? Should I bring my rifle?

Brian

DryDock,

Tina's coming with me so we'll be staying off base. She'll be taking the car while I shoot & probably head over to Burlington. We're planning on visiting my sister & her family the next day.

CD

bpm990d said:
PatMcD,

Are you going to the work day in Hampden? I'm going to go up and help out. Do you know if they shoot after the work day is over? Should I bring my rifle?

Brian

I was the guy pulling targets two down from you. There was you, Fortier, then me. I was the guy jacked up about shooting a 197-7 and then I was talking to you a little bit about .308 AR Match rifles. I have a forgettable face (comes in handy for melting into the crowd after an egg gets thrown at some War protestors).

I won't be able to go help for the work day. I've got a pile of junk around here that needs to get cleaned up before I go to Vermont. "She who must be obeyed" has spoken. I'm not sure if they will shoot afterwards or not.

PatMcD said:
I was the guy pulling targets two down from you. There was you, Fortier, then me. I was the guy jacked up about shooting a 197-7 and then I was talking to you a little bit about .308 AR Match rifles. I have a forgettable face (comes in handy for melting into the crowd after an egg gets thrown at some War protestors).

Oh yeah, now I remember. I so bad with names, but I tend to remember faces and situations. I wish I could have seen the egg throwing! That would be one to remember. :)

I'll probably see you there then. Do you know if they are doing any shooting Friday afternoon? I might just go up early and bring some extra ammo.

Brian

DryDock said:
Pat, So thats what they call an egg shoot. ;-)

Don't know. Wasn't me. Wasn't there. That guy just looked like me.
But remember the jingle: brown eggs are local eggs and local eggs are fresh

S. Landy has been asking about people shooting 1000 yds at the state championship on Monday. If you are interested, please check into New England High Power and let him know you are interested.

Zero required.[banana]

No Zero, No soup for you!

Brian

bpm990d said:
S. Landy has been asking about people shooting 1000 yds at the state championship on Monday. If you are interested, please check into New England High Power and let him know you are interested.

Zero required.[banana]

No Zero, No soup for you!

Brian

Brian, do you mean for the LR Championship on Sunday? Shoot 1000 instead of 600? I'm game if I have enough elevation on my sight. I have no zero, however.
N.E.H.P.? website?

Hi Pat,

New England High Power is a Delphi Forum (http://www.delphiforums.com/). It has the unofficial Reading Rifle & Revolver site and some time there is a little traffic. Mostly just announcements.

I’m signed up for the Leg, but I might take some more ammo for the Palma rifle and shoot the 1000yd match. There are only three points, so he doesn’t have the ability to run a large number of people through. Steve is trying to get a 1000 yd match on Monday. They only have a couple of targets and no berm so it is a little hard to get on paper without a zero. If you have a zero and you know the velocity of the bullet you can probably figure it out so you are in the 9 ring. If you decide to stick around and you need some help to figure out a zero let me kow.

If not you can use this as a rougher estimate (I did not write this, I stole it from one of the internet boards, but it looks like it is correct. I have not checked it though).

Brian

“This formula works for 5.56mm, 7.62mm and .30/06. It will get you on paper and a lot of the time in the black. Caliber, bullet or velocity doesn't matter.

You normally have to touch up the elevation at 600 but the 200 and 300 comeups are usually in the 10 and X rings no matter what rifle you are shooting.”​

• From a 100 yard zero come up 2 minutes for 200 yards.
• From a 200 yard zero come up 3 minutes for 300 yards.
• From a 300 yard zero come up 7 minutes for 500 yards.
• From a 300 yard zero come up 12 minutes for 600 yards.
• From a 500 yard zero come up 5 minutes for 600 yards.

• From a 600 yard zero come up 10 minutes for 800 yards.
• From a 800 yard zero come up 6 minutes for 900 yards.
• From a 900 yard zero come up 6 minutes for 1000 yards.​

Back
Top Bottom