• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who Has Colt AR-15s?

In God We Trust

NES Member
So with the tax free weekend coming up, I decided to get a Colt AR, but Four Seasons and Blue Northern don't carry them as far as I know. Instead of calling through the phone book, I figured I would ask you guys first. Any stores in the Leominster / Fitchburg area stock them? I don't mind driving if not, but I don't want to go too far.

Check out GFA arms tech. they have some in stock. Their inventory is on the web site. You can call them for details. It's a nice shop. They also have a lot of clean Glocks at good prices(can never have too many, IMO).

My standard warning for all Colt AR purchases stands: Always call Colt and/or verify serial number and manufacture date before you purchase a 'pre-ban' Colt. It's impossible to tell a pre-ban from post-ban gun without checking, and I have seen post-ban guns in pre-ban configurations for sale. The fact that a model was made from 1991-1998 is irrelevant if it's easy to determine that yours was made post-ban and has pre-ban features. I think the laws here are stupid, but still don't need that kind of excitement in my life.

I called around today and the guys at GFA and IDC were awesome and very helpful. Unfortunately, neither had the model I wanted in stock and the backorder time was estimated up to 10 weeks! On a whim I called Blue Northern in Ayer and they were able to get me one by Tuesday. I will go in and pay tomorrow so I get to take advantage of the tax holiday. For the record Blue Northern was also $150-$200 bucks cheaper than the other guys I talked to. Thanks for all the help guys!

I wound up ordering the 20" 1:7 barrel model. Can't wait for next weekend to break it in!

Back
Top Bottom