• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who has a S&W 1911 #108282 in MA?

Hey everyone I was wondering who in MA has the SW1911 #108282, my brother has one and he said its MA compliant but I talk to someone over at Four Seasons and they said they don't get it cause it's made for CA. I have seen many people own this gun in MA including my brother. So what gives did something change or what? If you do own one where did you get it.

Last edited:
I bought a 108282 version (checked the box for you) from Four seasons two years ago. It was used (maybe 50 rounds through it) and there was a second used one on the shelf with it. I checked mine and it was built in 2007 so probably sat in a safe for a few years. I love this gun and the way it shoots (trigger could be a little smoother) but shoots were you aim it. I currently use it in USPSA competition and added a maxwell and fiber optic front sight. Did you check the S&W site? It has Ben listed and I do not believe it ever said not for MA. Good luck!

Sorry, I have a 108283 that I bought (new) at Four Seasons last year. Definitely Mass compliant..... But still nice after some 'smithy work

Thanks for the replies guys, I called S&W and they said that pretty much all their 1911's are MA compliant with the exception of the 3" pro series and that they were not sure why FS said otherwise. I may try asking again when I go there on Friday to see if a get a different responce.

Thanks for the replies guys, I called S&W and they said that pretty much all their 1911's are MA compliant with the exception of the 3" pro series and that they were not sure why FS said otherwise. I may try asking again when I go there on Friday to see if a get a different responce.

and that doesnt make sense because a friend of mine just bought a 3" pro series in Ma a few months ago.

I have a S&W 1911 #108282 bought new at my LGS in 2008. I still see them there once and a while. I've also seen the Pro Series 3" in the case just last week.

I can't help with the 108282 except as others stated to try other gun shops.
The 3" Pro Series is very common in MA gun shops. I see them new and used all the time. I don't know why S&W said they weren't compliant.

I'm confused. What's so special about it? I have a variety of all sorts of 1911's. that one just seems to be a regular 5" stainless govt. why so interested?

I just got the ruger 5" 1911. Shoots real well. Crisp trigger. Cheap too. Most of mine are expensive guns. Real impressed with the ruger.

I'm confused. What's so special about it? I have a variety of all sorts of 1911's. that one just seems to be a regular 5" stainless govt. why so interested?

Its one of three 1911's that my brother owns and I have shot before and I liked everything about it. It felt great in my hand, shot very acurate even in my not so great shooting hands and looks great and the price is nice too. I will say the only other one I liked abit more was the Sig 1911 TTT but not by alot. So I am looking for both just incase I cant get one then I will get the other.

Just look for it at various dealers. See it and buy it. Don't worry about what some dealer tells you about legality, lists, etc. It's not your problem.

Hey everyone I was wondering who in MA has the SW1911 #108282, my brother has one and he said its MA compliant but I talk to someone over at Four Seasons and they said they don't get it cause it's made for CA. I have seen many people own this gun in MA including my brother. So what gives did something change or what? If you do own one where did you get it.

Blue Northern Trading has this gun in stock as of this morning.

Bob's in Webster has a good variety. I got my 108284 from him at the best price i could find with in 50 mi. Bought a 3" pro series a few years back from tomb stone with no issues.

Sent from my C5170 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Nothing changed its probably an issue of whatever their distributor can get them at the time more than a compliancy BS thing. Keep looking at different dealers.

-Mike

Its one of three 1911's that my brother owns and I have shot before and I liked everything about it. It felt great in my hand, shot very acurate even in my not so great shooting hands and looks great and the price is nice too. I will say the only other one I liked abit more was the Sig 1911 TTT but not by alot. So I am looking for both just incase I cant get one then I will get the other.

I bought my TTT at Four Seasons the Saturday before last November's elections. Great gun!

Back
Top Bottom