Who do you prep for?

Knob Creek

NES Member
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Who do you prep for? As a 67 year old husband, father and grandfather I feel the weight on me to prep for everyone in the family. Includes my wife, three children and their spouses and six grandchildren. My kids all do prepping to various degrees but I feel the need to insure everyone is taken care of. Anyone else feel the need to be the ‘Patriarch of Prepping’?

csimmons89

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I currently prep for my wife, daughter, and our two mother's who are between the age of 50-60. One more than the other can't see the writing on the wall, so we are trying to set our home up to be able to provide food for all of us in the case of SHTF/WROL situations. Garden strong, chicken happy, and stacking as much as we can.

Last edited:

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Not sure if this counts but Im at my wits end trying to shove even the most basic tenets of prepping down the throats of my mother and sister. (mom is out of state and sis is about an hour away) Every suggestion is met with "LOL WHY?!"

csimmons89

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Not sure if this counts but Im at my wits end trying to shove even the most basic tenets of prepping down the throats of my mother and sister. (mom is out of state and sis is about an hour away) Every suggestion is met with "LOL WHY?!"
My mom is like MSM spoon fed and it took her like 5 minutes to understand why we have chicken. I try not to tell her too much, just plan on picking her up when SHTF and tell her to get in the truck. lol

LuvDog

NES Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Since we're kind of on our own here - without family in the state - I prep for my immediate family. I also know that some very close friends are ill prepared, so I'd be open to helping them out if it came down to it.

rep308

NES Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Who do you prep for? As a 67 year old husband, father and grandfather I feel the weight on me to prep for everyone in the family. Includes my wife, three children and their spouses and six grandchildren. My kids all do prepping to various degrees but I feel the need to insure everyone is taken care of. Anyone else feel the need to be the ‘Patriarch of Prepping’?
i am in your situation. I’m the crazy husband, son, father, granddad and uncle according to my family. I take it in stride. My son and one nephew are starting to get it, my mom is grateful. I keep saying “I’m hope I’m wrong but we need more of X”. I’ll take the verbal jabs but I’m full speed ahead.

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Just my wife and two college boys- no other family in the area. We do have some close friends I'd help as able and I have great neighbors to each side and in front- we would have each others' backs. Only miles of woods behind.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Family, that's pretty much it.

As for others IGAS about I talk to them about picking up extra when they do their shopping and try to open their eyes a bit and get them to pay attention to the world that extends beyond their noses. I've(sometimes begrudgingly) given them sources of where to find things, but at the end of the day it's all I can do.

I work with an Okie that just shakes her head at idiots we work with living paycheck to paycheck purchasing whatever new shiny thing is in fashion at the moment. We talk about putting up supplies/food, they talk about whatever celebrity drama is happening that day. I'd love to know 1/10th of what she knows regarding food preservation.

Twigg

NES Member
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I always prepped for my family members. That is up until I got rear ended by an azzhole distracted driver. Two months later once I came out of the coma I had to deal with traumatic amnesia. two months after that I got out of the hospital. Long story made short, write down all your passwords, combinations for the safes, location of keys (anything buried?) & any pin codes. Yes, banking info (401, IRA, ect... as well. Seal it in an envelope put it in the safe and only tell a TRUSTED family member the contents are for SERIOUS accidents, medical emergencies or a worst case scenario.

I had to get a new phone and prove I was who I said I was to get back (most of) my pre-accident life. If you wind up with a serious TBI memory loss can be an issue. Oh, and if you don't have one, write out a will to keep your estate out of probate.

Hopefully you'll never need it.

Top Bottom