• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who comes up with this crap

It's California - they aren't thinking.

I believe this whole "smart gun" thing has been around for a while. Some dipshit legislator heard about it, and figured this would be the next great thing so they wrote it up and now all the other dipshit legislators are jumping on the bandwagon so they can say they are "for the children".

If this passes I hope that the gun manufacturers grow some balls and do a Ronnie Barrett on California - and refuse to sell to ANYBODY in CA - including any government agencies or police departments.

If they do that - then all we have to do is sit back and wait, sooner or later the political wheels will spin, and the legislation will get repealed.

If this passes I hope that the gun manufacturers grow some balls and do a Ronnie Barrett on California - and refuse to sell to ANYBODY in CA - including any government agencies or police departments.

If they do that - then all we have to do is sit back and wait, sooner or later the political wheels will spin, and the legislation will get repealed.

Some times I wonder just how crazy about the 2A these gun companies are, or if it's just about money changing hands. I think the latter. Wouldn't count on them doing anything but selling product.

Some times I wonder just how crazy about the 2A these gun companies are, or if it's just about money changing hands. I think the latter. Wouldn't count on them doing anything but selling product.

You are probably at least partially right. But you have to remember that gun manufacturers will already be losing a bunch of money by not being able to sell to CA civilians. They will not want to lose CA govt. contracts - unless of course they have other incentives.

If gun owners all across the US refused to buy from any manufacturer who sold to a CA govt. agency - then all of a sudden you have competing financial incentives - sell to CA govt. - and lose sales all around the country, or lose CA govt. sales - and gain the respect of gun owners all over the country.

If CA does this - we have to be prepared as gun owners to put pressure where it will do the most good. Economic pressure is always the best stick to use if you want to beat somebody over the head and make your point - money always wins in the end.

Write to your favourite firearm manufacturers and ask them to no longer sell, repair, support any law enforcement or government agency in California!

If CA does this - we have to be prepared as gun owners to put pressure where it will do the most good. Economic pressure is always the best stick to use if you want to beat somebody over the head and make your point - money always wins in the end.

Then the problem becomes the company that says "alright, no one else is selling guns here because of this? Looks like open season for me, I can put a fingerprint reader on anything." Now that guy is making out, he's probably selling a piece of crap made in India but anyone in CA has got to buy one.

So then the rest of the commie states go "Hmmm.. they've got this sweet technology in CA with a fingerprint reader on the gun. And crime committed with finger print readers is next to zilch, lets give that a try over here in MA" Deval and the gang sign onto it, the Kennedys puke at the idea of anyone owning a handgun but they swallow their pride and endorse it.

Now you've got the nation of blue bloods following CA just like whats happening or could happen with microstamping and next thing you know that finger printing hippie moron has got the market cornered, SW and Colt sales are declining because the local governments are telling you that you have to buy John Q. Wackball's palm reader gun. Well those guys will get on the band wagon eventually too.

Don't believe me? Any new smith revolver has a whole in the side with a lock, their pistols have warning labels for the children. Rugers got the same thing. Those guys will have finger print readers too eventually, Colt will be out of business.

I wonder if this may give anyone the conditions to eventually bring suit as an aggrieved party in anyway. Attacking the tool rather than the rights of the user seem to present more challenges for a 2a supporter once it's passed.

Of course all the criminals will just drop off their non-compliant arms at their local sheriff's office so they won't even care.

Then the problem becomes the company that says "alright, no one else is selling guns here because of this? Looks like open season for me, I can put a fingerprint reader on anything." Now that guy is making out, he's probably selling a piece of crap made in India but anyone in CA has got to buy one.

So then the rest of the commie states go "Hmmm.. they've got this sweet technology in CA with a fingerprint reader on the gun. And crime committed with finger print readers is next to zilch, lets give that a try over here in MA" Deval and the gang sign onto it, the Kennedys puke at the idea of anyone owning a handgun but they swallow their pride and endorse it.

Now you've got the nation of blue bloods following CA just like whats happening or could happen with microstamping and next thing you know that finger printing hippie moron has got the market cornered, SW and Colt sales are declining because the local governments are telling you that you have to buy John Q. Wackball's palm reader gun. Well those guys will get on the band wagon eventually too.

Don't believe me? Any new smith revolver has a whole in the side with a lock, their pistols have warning labels for the children. Rugers got the same thing. Those guys will have finger print readers too eventually, Colt will be out of business.

Exactly - which is why if this crap passes in CA we need to provide "financial incentives" to any company that continues to sell to CA govt. agencies. The CA crap needs to stop in CA and it needs to become completely apparent to any company that sells to CA that they will lose business across the country and suffer negative publicity everywhere they go if they support these crazy laws by selling into that market.

This could also include doing things like refusing to buy any gun industry magazines that take advertising from companies that sell to CA. What needs to happen is companies need to get to a point where they put a statement in their advertising like: "we are a company that refuses to sell to CA" - or - " CA non participating company" or some such thing, and this becomes a selling point in the firearms market. And companies that don't do it - get boycotted and shut down.

We can win this war but pain MUST be inflicted - and unless we want that pain to end up in a shooting war sooner or later - the pain needs to be economic. Like I said before - money always wins.

If anybody reading this remembers the Zumbo incident then use that as an example of how economic pressure can bring the desired results - and it happened very quickly too.

I sent emails to SigSauer and Glock last night. I won't buy a new one from either of them unless they come through with a public statement that they won't sell, service, or support CA firearms from government agencies.

Typically anti-gun BS. Let's ban every type of firearm except the ones that haven't been invented yet. [rolleyes] When is that scrotum of a state going to detach itself and join their communist friends overseas.

California is the "cool kid" of the libtard states. They always try to do everything first, then all its little libtard buddies try to imitate it.

Hey, I have an even better idea. Let's invent a new kind of bullet - one that can discriminate between good guys and bad guys, and that won't bother to leave the muzzle if it's not pointed at a bad person. Think of the children, for God's sake.

I sent emails to SigSauer and Glock last night. I won't buy a new one from either of them unless they come through with a public statement that they won't sell, service, or support CA firearms from government agencies.

I'm joining you in your boycott. I, too, will not purchase any new glock... wait, that's already been taken care of for me by people using the same logic as the people who put together this proposal.

Hey, I have an even better idea. Let's invent a new kind of bullet - one that can discriminate between good guys and bad guys, and that won't bother to leave the muzzle if it's not pointed at a bad person. Think of the children, for God's sake.

Marcus, you b@stard! If I see a bill with the inclusion of this mythical bullet I'm blaming you for putting the idea in their empty head.

Last edited:
We can win this war but pain MUST be inflicted - and unless we want that pain to end up in a shooting war sooner or later - the pain needs to be economic. Like I said before - money always wins.

We can win any war in which we have half the motivation and drive that the other side has right now.

How hard could it be to circumvent such a technology?

Who cares? Certainly not the people pushing the laws. All they want to do is drive a large number of guns and gun manufacturers from the marketplace and increase the price of the remaining guns and the costs for the remaining manufacturers as much as possible. (Can you say Massachusetts Consumer Safety Regulations, boys and girls? I knew you could.)

I'm going to do whatever I can to pressure gun manufacturers and distributers to follow Ronnie Barret's example, even if it means they have to get a testicular implant. It's easy to say that other manufacturers will step in to fill the gap, but that misses the point entirely. A lot of the support for these laws comes from politician police chiefs and their "professional" organizations. When rank and file police suddenly find they can't buy Glocks, Sigs or S&Ws (no problem, they can always buy H&Ks --- it's as if it were their money --- or Lorcins [wink]), the heat will drift up to their bosses, causing support to dry up.

Ken

How hard could it be to circumvent such a technology?

Taken from the LA Times:
Joe Citizen was rushed to the hospital today. A gang of violent youth who had been stalking him, attacked him, stole his legally carried firearm and severed his right hand. While Joe is expected to survive, neither the firearm nor his right hand have been recovered.

If the wrong person tries to use the gun, will it blow up? Will it take off your arm? I think they should add a 150,000 volt taser charge to unlawful users of said weapon!

I AM the LAW!

intro3.jpg

what absurd technology.

Suppose John Q. Citizen needs to use his gun for legit self defense. Suppose his hands are covered in blood or mud or dirt whatever and the biometric can't read his prints. That "safety technology" just got him dead.

what absurd technology.

Suppose John Q. Citizen needs to use his gun for legit self defense. Suppose his hands are covered in blood or mud or dirt whatever and the biometric can't read his prints. That "safety technology" just got him dead.

From the Taurus instruction manual:

Before attempting to fire your new "Biometric Blaster", be certain to thoroughly was your hands, removing all traces of dirt, oil, and other foreign substances. Failure to completely clean your hands could lead to serious injury or death.

Back
Top Bottom