Who carries an arsenal?

Just curious to see who carries what here. Some people, like myself, just carry a firearm. Some people carry extra mag's. Other people carry their gun, a backup gun, an ammo can, pepper spray, a knife, a flashlight and extra batteries. So, what's your preference?

Pistol grip Mossberg Cruiser under my trench coat, 3 grenades, 1 full auto Benchmade Cutlery knife, a Cold Steel recon tanto in my boot, a back up Glock 19 with 2 extra high capacity magazines, and a bandolier filled with tactical 00 buckshot rounds over my shoulder and across my chest over my large white skull t shirt.
Oh wait a minute, I was having that fantasy again where I become the Punisher. [smile]

Yep, typical getting ready to go out scenario for me: [laugh]

da917f64.jpg

Actually I just carry a Glock 19 and extra mag. When i'm going out of state or to a major event where I can't carry, its an SOG folding knife.

Last edited:
Depending upon how I am dressed either a G26 IWB or a J-Frame in the front pants pocket. In addition I almost always have a Spyderco folder in a rear pocket. I like to carry a personal F/L when I have an extra pocket plus a small can of pepper spray. And since I have a bit of arthritis in my right foot and leg I often have a crook-top cane with me.

I am absolutely shocked that some of the more sophomoric types that frequent this board have not jumped on this post with their typical zeal.
Come on, guys, you're letting me down.

Chris

I carry a Sharpie (TM) brand permanent marker. Watch out, it's permanent ink!

an arsenal

I agree with jhrosier and emoto. Discretion is best. Don't ask, don't tell.

But I do carry a flashlight most of the time as well as pen and pencil (can be handy when push comes to shove) and a knife (or two) at all times.

With that said, if I am expecting to run into trouble I'll either stay home or bring a rifle. [laugh]

Last edited:
Green_Manelishi said:
With that said , if I am expecting to run into trouble I'll either stay home or bring a rifle. [laugh]

Do be sure to unload, encase and/or trigger lock your rifle, as now required.
I believe that full-capacity magazines must also be unloaded.
The birthplace of freedom has outlawed carrying long guns for defensive purposes.
[angry]

Last edited:
jhrosier said:
Do be sure to encase and/or trigger lock your rifle, as now required.
I believe that full-capacity magazines must also be unloaded.
The birthplace of freedom has outlawed carrying long guns for defensive purposes.
[angry]

So you say. I hope that is not truly "The Spirit of America".

jhrosier said:
Don't print, don't tell.

Agreed. Of course I do carry a Surefire, pepper spray, good folding knife, and a couple of spare magazines in addition to whater else I might or might not have on me.

Ken

My S&W 642 and a couple speed loaders.

"....And thats all I need"

Quoting Steve Martin in the Jerk :)

"He hates the cans!!!"

It varies with the perceived threat assessment, and what I carry varies.

Typical defensive equipment might include at 1911, two spare mags, Fox Labs OC spray, a surefire, and a Ken Onion speed-folder.

My other favorite carry gun is a Magna-ported, CT lasergripped j-frame and a couple of Bianchi speed strips loaded with four rounds each, plus the other defensive gear listed above, other than the gun.

Usually a gun and 1 spare mag, and the pocket folder that's always with me.

Usually a cell phone too, in a cell phone holster that carries the phone, a small Inova light, and a mini-multitool. I've never found a comfy way to carry a surefire or a can of CS.

Depends on what I'm doing. Sometimes it's an M9 Beretta and an M16A2. Other times it's a Ma Deuce and an M9, usually, just the M9.

Ma Deuce, on ground mount (mine is vehicle mounted):

m2hb.jpg

A cheap one hand open knife on my front pocket, ALL the time.
A little .38 IWB with a spare 5 round speed loader in the pocket. I don't carry very often at all. I can't get over the fear of being spotted while carrying.
And a pair of pliers and screwdriver in my back pocket when I am at work with a mini mag in the other pocket.

When I can carry (which is not often because I work on property that MA
considers a "school" )...

This past winter I carried my HK USP .45 Compact.... mostly OWB
in a jit slide. Concealment is easy in the winter due to jacket being worn
all the time... spare mag, CRKT pocket folder.

Now that the warmer weather is getting here.... usually a Glock 19, but lately
ive been carrying my Glock 29 a bit. Also have a Sig Sauer P239/9mm that carries very well.
I might try something bigger once I get one of those high
brow leather IWB holsters for a few of my guns.

I've had this plan to try to concentrate on ONE carry gun but I can't
quite commit myself to that yet. The only things ive been able to come
to a consensus on is that the gun must go BANG when the trigger is pulled
without involving a manual safety, and that it must do so with a almost
a monotonous level of reliability. Well, that, and the provision that
it has to be a gun I can handle and shoot halfway decent, as well.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom