Votes: 183 47.9%
  • I don't own one

Votes: 96 25.1%
  • I would never carry a .380

Votes: 44 11.5%

• Total voters
getting more and more interested

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M61pTas47_g

The bottle being hit at a distance well past what a any civilian shooting would be at should convince anyone who doubts what this caliber is suitable for-I never will give up the lcr 9 which IS the best choice for civilian use but one of these just might be interesting-if and only if they can tolerate hot ammo.

What's the grip sleeve? DIY leather? I have large hands and put a Hogue Handall on my BG. It made more of a difference than I expected.
Its Brooks Tactical AGrip. Stuff is awesome. At the time 3 years ago he didn't make a specific one for the BG, so I had to buy a sheet of it and made a template to make my own.

The reasons cited for why an armed citizen gets defeated argue strongly for carrying a gun, the design of which precludes the issues mentioned from arising which would be the revolver; everything else presented makes a strong argument for all of the 'girly' calibers being more than sufficient for the needs of the -civilian- population.

For 'us' it will happen up close and personal-it will last but a few seconds and it most likely will involve less than two shots fired; IF any are needed at all after we are forced to show a gun....

Carry what you wish, I fully support anyone to be as grossly overarmed as they feel necessary-after all it will remain the United States of America for a few more months at least...............

Then again perhaps in a few months even I will wish that we had more available.

I love the look of the spectrum until you slide a mag in lol... they were sooo close to a sleek looking little pocket rocket

These are kinda' cute little pistols, and so dirt cheap, that I may get one just to toss in the tackle box.
The long magazine looks stupid, much better with the standard length:

Question for folks who (front) pocket carry - I assume you also have keys, phone, and wallet; maybe I'm overthinking or have too much junk in my pockets, but don't you get overloaded? How do you sort everything so it's not all in the way?

Good question. After a back issue (luckily it was not a permanent issue) I tried to pocket or AIWB front right. For me, it just wasn't working out. I know, training and repetitions would be needed to straighten it out, but my hand just goes to about 3:30 without me thinking about it. But the issue did bring out the need to try different positions and also all the crap that we tend to carry around.

Wallet back left
Phone back right
Keys and change front left
Gun front right (if I'm pocket carrying....if holstered it's 4oclock iwb)
Knife clipped to belt left side.

Always this way....have not changed that in over a decade. It's an army thing.......everything is right were it needs to be in case I need it quick. I've had full hands coming out of a store before and put my wallet in the opposite back pocket before and my phone in my jacket pocket.......freaked me out the whole way walking to the truck till I could put the bags down and set everything right lol

If you need to carry more than that I'd suggest shoulder bag......but for day to day I never need more than the above.

I'm kinda glad I'm not the only one who gets anxious when certain items aren't in their "proper place". ;)

For me:
Wallet front right
IWB 3:30
Back right pocket empty (back issue related)
Back left phone
Left front keys, and small Olight (some people think I'm just happy to see them......I'm not... :eek: )

This is just me, and is mostly for cooler weather. Really hot weather necessitates adjustments.

Jay

Whaco, thank you for your service.

These are kinda' cute little pistols, and so dirt cheap, that I may get one just to toss in the tackle box.
The long magazine looks stupid, much better with the standard length:

Picked one up at 619 over the winter. Only pocket pistol I own and I like it. Zero malfunctions after a few hundred rounds of ball and hollow points.

Edit: just realized I already replied in this thread. Still like the Spectrum

voted "i would never carry a .380".

to echo posts in this thread & others---sig938.

BUT!!!!!! as others have said, a .380 is better than throwing rocks. i agree with that.

if it works for you, go for it

I just picked up my Bersa Thunder Combat in .380 today and put 80 rounds through it. I’ve had the Kahr CM9 for a few months now and have carried that everyday. Here’s some comparison shots. The Kahr is much smaller but suffers from no fun at the range. The Bersa is a blast to shoot. The grips are so comfortable and the combat Glock sights are super easy to target in. Both feel about the same weight with full mags. 6+1 in the Kahr but only 7+1 in the Bersa. I can’t get the mag to seat with 8+1. Takedown of the Bersa is much easier with the exposed barrel. And it is just like my 92fs with DA/SA. Very familiar to me.

I still may carry the Kahr because of its diminutive size.
2417276B-D766-4F61-B777-B820F786A9C3.jpeg A09B9EE1-4767-4299-811B-D73851711C02.jpeg

I had one and gave it away. I was shooting at a dueling tree with a .380 and it wouldn't spin the plate to the other side. That was enough for me.

I've had a G42 since it came out, although it's rarely carried now that I have a 43. It runs well though and handles a wide spectrum of ammo. I carried it with underwood +P.

-Mike

I had one and gave it away. I was shooting at a dueling tree with a .380 and it wouldn't spin the plate to the other side. That was enough for me.
Depends on the steel doesn’t it? Dueling trees can have many thicknesses but the backward angle placement makes a big difference. I shoot 5/8” and it will only swing for .45. Didn’t swing barely with the .380. Swing a little with the 9mm.

Still, if you have .380 running hst you will cavitate your victim quick enough. I’m more interested in that. I’m unbiased wrt calibers right now. I will still run both .380, 9mm, and .45 for my concealed carries based on weather and wear.

I wanted a Colt Mustang once, back in the day when they were unobtainable in MA. So I bought a P238 instead. I loved that thing, right up until the 938 came out. I like that round better, and it consolidates calibers more effectively for me.

So I guess I’d say I “would” carry a .380, if there weren’t a more powerful 9mm option available.

I've had a G42 since it came out, although it's rarely carried now that I have a 43. It runs well though and handles a wide spectrum of ammo. I carried it with underwood +P.

-Mike
That’s a good choice. Love the Kahr but it’s boutiquish and has some quirks like challenging takedown and dao. It’s light and very small. It also says “Worcester, MA” on it so it stays in my pocket and on my waist.

I wanted a Colt Mustang once, back in the day when they were unobtainable in MA. So I bought a P238 instead. I loved that thing, right up until the 938 came out. I like that round better, and it consolidates calibers more effectively for me.

So I guess I’d say I “would” carry a .380, if there weren’t a more powerful 9mm option available.
The .380 is still too expensive for its attributes. 9mm is king indeed.

I guess I should elaborate. The .380 was a Glock 42 which shot very well but wouldn't spin the plates. The other was a Ruger LCR in .38 spl. The .38 would spin the plates with standard pressure lead round nose. Both guns belong to my godson so NO I didn't give away a Glock .380.

I'm now looking into pocket carrying a .380 like S&W Bodyguard. I have been carrying a SA XD mod 2 in .45, IWB, it's awesome but a tad big for summer t-shirts w/o my worrying that I'll be exposed (well not me, but the SA).

Back
Top Bottom