Votes: 59 15.4%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 183 47.9%
  • I don't own one

Votes: 96 25.1%
  • I would never carry a .380

Votes: 44 11.5%

• Total voters
I've lately been carrying a Bodyguard .380 over my Glock 26 because it's just so damned comfortable and easy to hide. I did all the usual research on it and I think it might be all I need 90% of the time. Clearly if there was a civil crisis with looting and such and I needed more firepower to defend the estate I still have several other options (including the Glock and long guns) but EDC the .380 seems fantastic.

I personally have a lot of options, several 380's are included in those options. Short of total chaos, I'm comfortable with that.

I've been carrying my LCP in my pocket almost 24/7 since I bought it in 2008 when they first came out. I carry it in a Blackhawk size 1 pocket holster of which I worn out three of those. Will be buying another holster the next time I get to Shooter's Outpost as this one is starting to look a little ratty.

I look at the LC9's occasionally but still haven't sprung for one yet.

With .380ACP carry, ammo choice is critical...

Untested in the above video, but did well on gel tests:

4448.jpg

740e4023c2b766f772ff9deaa8ffd260.jpg

Last edited:
My office manager is petite and has a P238 but she prefers to carry belly band in front or AIWB and didn’t feel comfortable carrying cocked and locked those ways, particularly when she went out for a run. Borrowed a friend’s BG for her to try and she loved it so I bought it for her for Xmas, she’s now carrying it all the time. The BG is so small, it’s really easy for her to carry and it’ll get her out of a jam if someone tries to stuff her in a white cargo van while she’s out for a run or leaving the office by herself in the evening. While it’s not my favorite gun, the adage goes something like “the best carry gun is the one you’ll carry” and this is the one she carries so I’m good w that. When you’re tiny and carry the way she does, the difference in size and particularly width, does make a difference.

Had a BG 380, traded it in for a Springfield 911. Really nice gun, sweet trigger, great sights. Very happy with it. Goes in a Sticky holster in my front pocket.

I've been thinking about doing the same thing! That's why I'm asking this question! I like the Bodyguard and I shoot it well but the sights aren't very good. The trigger I can deal with, it's like a revolver trigger, you can stage it back and then shoot. Then I saw the Sig P238 and the 911 and since I love my 1911 (which is way to big to CC) I thought, hmmmm...that would be a nice upgrade. If I could get the Sig in Stainless or the We the People version in Ma I might go with that but apparently the color must somehow effect the operation because only the Nitron version is Ma approved. I wonder if Honda has to get all the different color Accords certified by the DOT? I did read that the trigger is better on the 911 so that might be my choice anyway.

there's no real excuse for carrying one since the introduction of the micro 9's, unless one is recoil sensitive.
I am not recoil sensitive at all but I have shot some small 9's and the recoil most certainly effects accuracy in rapid one handed shooting which is most likely how you would be shooting a gun like that in a SITUATION.

I carry a G42 cause it’s so easy and fun to practice with. I plan to switch to a 10 round 9mm, G43x or P365, for the capacity rather than the caliber.

I carry my S&W BG all the time. Doesn't matter what I'm wearing (shorts, blue jean's, or my business casual) it slips in a pocket and I almost forget it's there. I'm in and out of NPEs often so it's easy to slip in out and lock it up in the car.

I've got some hand issues so while the recoil is noticeable it's not too bad. I'm considering moving to a Kahr CW/P380.

Back
Top Bottom