• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who can thread and install an AK muzzle brake for me?

You may have a problem threading the Norinco barrel. They used standard threaded barrels and then lathe cut the threads off reducing the diameter of the threaded area. You would probably have to add a sleeve of some sort to make it work, could get pricey...

You may have a problem threading the Norinco barrel. They used standard threaded barrels and then lathe cut the threads off reducing the diameter of the threaded area. You would probably have to add a sleeve of some sort to make it work, could get pricey...
Yes I noticed the reduced diameter and have been holding off asking the questions because I didnt really want to know the answer but I will call remsport and see what john can do for me.

Most Mak 90s and Some Romanian barrels were turned down to remove threads but there is a custom sized adapter I've seen for sale on a few sites that allows you to use a standard AK muzzle brake once you thread using the specific die. The size might end up being 24mm like the 74 style brakes.

Those rifles were typical 14-1 before they were turned down so you'll need the adapter unless you just have a brake welded in place.

Last edited:
Western MA? Remsport. Call and talk to John. He will do it while you wait.

413-579-1994

Thanks for the info. John called me and said he doesn't work on AK variants.
I think I'll be taking my AR to him though later on so it was still a good call to make. Thanks again.

- - - Updated - - -

This is one of the sites that sells adapters and tools.

dinzagarms
dinzagarms

Thanks I'll check it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Pullman Arms in Worcester, they do fantastic work.

Thanks I'll call them for pricing and timeframe to do the work..

Back
Top Bottom