• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who can do an accelerator cut on Glock in MA/NH?

puška m70

NES Member
I want something like the attached image, but wondering if there are any local shops that offer this service. Don't feel like waiting 8 weeks for some of these online guys. Anywhere in NH or the eastern half of MA.

Attachments

• 1668618114095.png
    1668618114095.png
    210.7 KB · Views: 100
HTB1rfW5d6gy_uJjSZR0q6yK5pXaN.jpg

I want something like the attached image, but wondering if there are any local shops that offer this service. Don't feel like waiting 8 weeks for some of these online guys. Anywhere in NH or the eastern half of MA.
Dumb question but what is an accelerator cut?

have you heard of a gas pedal? it is a place on pistols for the left thumb to help control recoil. Helping you control recoil and shoot faster
Yup, I've got one on my STI Eagle, however it actually protrudes out to the left and gives me something to rest my thumb on. The pic looks like skateboard tape to me. I don't get it.

Yup, I've got one on my STI Eagle, however it actually protrudes out to the left and gives me something to rest my thumb on. The pic looks like skateboard tape to me. I don't get it.
it is a small shelf cut into the bump that are on glockenspiel forward of the slide take down, I didn't bother when mine was stipple, just didn't seem worth it to me.

have you heard of a gas pedal? it is a place on pistols for the left thumb to help control recoil. Helping you control recoil and shoot faster
Thanks for the suggestion but yes I have. I usually apply some agressive talon grip tape to the frame bulge on glocks. Great for fast shooting and muzzle rise, but it wears off very quickly when using a holster. Basically locks your thumb to the frame, works really well for me.

The gas pedals unfortunately won't work with any holster and would be uncomfortable at best in a belly band or Mexican carry

My P80 has an accelerator ledge. I can't for the life of me keep a thumb on it throughout recoil, so I gave up trying and just keep a thumbs up grip.
I've seen those, and that seems to be due to the lack of texture. It's just smooth plastic. Maybe put some talon grip sandpaper tape on the inside of the ledge? You can cut it to size and it's not permanent if you dislike it.

I've seen those, and that seems to be due to the lack of texture. It's just smooth plastic. Maybe put some talon grip sandpaper tape on the inside of the ledge? You can cut it to size and it's not permanent if you dislike it.

That might be part of it. It's actually fairly deep, so it feels like you're fairly positive in lock, but my thumb just slides right off half the time. I rarely rapid fire in long strings, so I find my thumbs up grip sufficient for my pace. But if I get more proficient to bullseye longer strings of rapid fire, it would definitely be something I'd consider.

TLDR: I'm no operator with a pistol, so this feature is largely lost on me anyway.

SSO100937__38277.jpg

That might be part of it. It's actually fairly deep, so it feels like you're fairly positive in lock, but my thumb just slides right off half the time. I rarely rapid fire in long strings, so I find my thumbs up grip sufficient for my pace. But if I get more proficient to bullseye longer strings of rapid fire, it would definitely be something I'd consider.

TLDR: I'm no operator with a pistol, so this feature is largely lost on me anyway.

View attachment 686986
Yup, but no traction/texture to keep you thumb there. I say try a piece of talon grip! It made a world of diff.

Yup, but no traction/texture to keep you thumb there. I say try a piece of talon grip! It made a world of diff.

I have a sheet of Talon Grip at home from when I found out they were showing their entire patterns on their website at one point (ie. why by pre-cut when you can stencil at home?). I'll give that a shot.

Damn this thread. I had all sorts of dreams last night where I was trying to grip my pistol and just couldn't. I couldn't put the proper pressure and as such I couldn't depress the trigger smoothly. It was annoying. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom