• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who’s the go-to for rifle bedding?

It is! Found it on snipershide.
A hybrid showed up the other day too almost bought it as well but i talked myself off the ledge on that one, think it sold yesterday.

I’ll look more closely but I don’t think it sits down in the holes much if at all they aren’t much bigger than action screws. Recoil lug is machined into the chassis at the front so that is one flat surface yes.
Masterpiece arms it doesn’t wanna roll over. I guess the smart thing to do would be put it in and Shoot it. :rolleyes:View attachment 445914
Very nice find, enjoy.

Post up pics of everything once you get it put together
I feel OP's pain - I hate gluing stuff (and cutting stuff).
So me; I wouldn't challenge him that way.

B74ZTsw.jpg

I think your onto something here I just went down and looked at it a little closer and it looks like there are witness marks on the “v block” as u call it. So maybe there isn’t direct contact at the action screw? View attachment 445920
You can blacken the action or use something that will transfer, lipstick works.
Cover the under side of your action and install it. You should see every contact point when you remove the action

So the action screws showed up today and I mounted her up. Seems solid. I also was able to load up a seating depth test. 5 each starting 5 thousandths of the lands in 5 thousandth increments. I settled on a charge weight of 24gr for this test as groups looked promising from 23.8-24.2 6D466FA3-305F-418A-BCEA-B7917E989004.jpeg F59BE2BA-AE09-42A1-BE62-C46F89232121.jpeg 0A71AA2D-5458-42BB-937F-CB2452E56928.jpeg

Yeah, bedding is not going to shrink those. Looks like the 24.2 gets you to .3. That’s $5000 custom rifle territory.

8977D8CE-DB28-4E3D-934B-2362BB77061D.jpeg This was previous OCW test although the 23.8 was only three rounds on this test. The black and white target was shot in the middle of a snow storm so I’m hoping I threw a couple at 23.8 and 24 that day haha. I might also try a seating at 24.2 if I am not happy with results.

If you’re not happy with THAT, you need to manage your expectations. That’s a $800 barreled action in that chassis. What exactly do you expect that’s better than .3-.25?

I have high expectations just ask my wife.... I am very pleased with it so far but I’m hoping that there is more on the table that I’ll find after doing seating test. Maybe I just got lucky on load development dunno. If it stays the same I’m still just as happy if I can keep that consistent.

If you’re not happy with THAT, you need to manage your expectations. That’s a $800 barreled action in that chassis. What exactly do you expect that’s better than .3-.25?
So you don’t thinking bedding will get me to the .1s 😢

Not at all it’s a vortex razor lht with sportsmatch rings. The glass and rings are going on my hunting rifle once I find another optic for this one. I’m thinking of trying the strike eagle 5-25 or a pst gen II but haven’t decided yet.

Outstanding.

Explore OCW or put in some work with a chronograph to help you discover most consistent velocities/standard deviations with a given charge--large deviations in velocity will translate into stringing at long range.

You're pretty f***en close, Kid.

That must feel nice.

Not at all it’s a vortex razor lht with sportsmatch rings. The glass and rings are going on my hunting rifle once I find another optic for this one. I’m thinking of trying the strike eagle 5-25 or a pst gen II but haven’t decided yet.
You should find as many different scopes you can look at before deciding on one. I don't think those 2 options are much of an upgrade over the LHT. The extra magnification is nice but you probably won't even use it when mirage kicks in.

Outstanding.

Explore OCW or put in some work with a chronograph to help you discover most consistent velocities/standard deviations with a given charge--large deviations in velocity will translate into stringing at long range.

That must feel nice.
Does not need to be much
50fps ir so is a few couple inches at 600,
To bad for me my hold is looser than the damage ES or SD can do!

What barrel?
Factory tikka varmint barreled action
You should find as many different scopes you can look at before deciding on one. I don't think those 2 options are much of an upgrade over the LHT. The extra magnification is nice but you probably won't even use it when mirage kicks in.
I’ve been asking around not a lot of options for higher end glass for me to get my hands on at the moment. I don’t think I can justify moving up to a razor gen II though it would be nice. I’d like to go with something ffp and like the new vortex ebrc7 reticle. I know the glass quality won’t be as good on these as the razor.

Outstanding.

That must feel nice.
I do need to get a chrono for sure that’ll be my next big purchase as it’s between the magneto speed and Labradar

Back
Top Bottom