• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

White House says Biden prepared to issue EO’s on guns

Biden admits Gun Control is based in racism....probably without realizing it. But he made such a statement.....

Biden added that “no amendment to the Constitution is absolute. You can’t yell ‘fire’ in a crowded movie theater and call it freedom of speech. From the very beginning, you couldn’t own any weapon you wanted to own. From the very beginning of the Second Amendment existed, certain people weren’t allowed to have weapons.”

Yes Joe...the "certain" in "certain people" refers to BLACK people.

And I hate the reference about not being able to yell fire in a crowded movie theater. You still bring your speech with you. You are just not allowed to use it in a certain way. That would be equal to saying that you can bring a gun to the movie theater but you can't fire off a round inside the crowded building. So that is a stupid analogy that hasn't;'t been dissected enough by the pro-2A group.

But Biden admits that gun control is based in racism.

I see no reason they won't go there. DC statehood, PR statehood, HR1 and path to citizenship for 11-30 million illegals. All are designed to establish a permanent, insurmountable Democrat majority. All that's needed to add a state is an accepted state constitution, simple majorities in congress and a compliant President's signature. That's a pretty low bar.
Think they won't do it? The only thing standing in their way is accepting the audacity of the plan and the filibuster. I see nothing that says they won't go there. If it starts to look like the house may flip in 2022 and it becomes a "now or never" situation, I'd say it's close to a lock.
pack courts - defeat filibuster - all the rest follows. as i understand, that is the plan.

And I hate the reference about not being able to yell fire in a crowded movie theater. You still bring your speech with you. You are just not allowed to use it in a certain way. That would be equal to saying that you can bring a gun to the movie theater but you can't fire off a round inside the crowded building. So that is a stupid analogy that hasn't;'t been dissected enough by the pro-2A group.
There's even more to it than that. The actual quote that everyone loves incorrectly referencing refers to "falsely shouting fire in a theatre and causing a panic." If there's actually a fire, you can absolutely shout about it. Similarly, if nobody freaks out - no harm, no foul. And this decision is generally considered one of the worst in the history of 1A jurisprudence.

Really, the best thing we can do is tell people to stuff it when they start (mis-)quoting Schenck.
/rant

Notably, even FactCheck is calling him on this one: Biden's Missteps on Gun Policies - FactCheck.org

Last edited:
Mass shootings during Biden’s assault rifle ban

The ban went into effect in September of 1994. Two months later, Keith Ledger walked into the Wickliffe Middle School in Ohio and shot faculty members.

In 1995, there were two more school shootings and 8 people were killed at Freddy’s Fashion Mart in New York City that December.

1996 saw the Frontier Middle School shooting and the San Diego State University Shooting.

There were three more school shootings in 1997, plus the Empire State Building shooting and Coy Westbrook’s rampage that killed 5.

One of the deadliest periods of mass shootings in American history happened during the ban. 1998 through 2000 were exceptionally deadly.

Six mass shootings occurred in 1998 including a three school shootings and a shooting at the U.S. Capitol.

Columbine and 7 other mass shootings occurred in 1999.

2000 was the year of the mass murder when 4 high profile mass murders killed nearly two dozen people.

In 2001, there were two high school mass shootings and the Nevada county shootings.

2002 saw the DC beltway sniper attacks, a law school shooting and the L.A. airport mass shooting.

There were 5 high profile shootings in 2003 including Case Western Reserve University, Lockeed Martin and two high school shootings.

In 2005, there was three mass shootings, including the deadly Columbus nightclub shooting.

I see no reason they won't go there. DC statehood, PR statehood, HR1 and path to citizenship for 11-30 million illegals. All are designed to establish a permanent, insurmountable Democrat majority. All that's needed to add a state is an accepted state constitution, simple majorities in congress and a compliant President's signature. That's a pretty low bar.
Think they won't do it? The only thing standing in their way is accepting the audacity of the plan and the filibuster. I see nothing that says they won't go there. If it starts to look like the house may flip in 2022 and it becomes a "now or never" situation, I'd say it's close to a lock.

Statehood for DC will require a constitutional amendment because currently that "10 mile square" is a "District" to be governed/ruled by Congress

PR is a hot mess financially, I'm having a hard time seeing them float that one

HR1 is similarly a hot mess that stands a better than 50/50 chance of precipitating bad outcomes......on the order of 75% of people polled support voter ID.....similarly huuge numbers of 1st gen citizens oppose amnesty.

I half expect the sponsors to utter something like "Hold my beer" as they attempt to push these bills/ideas forward

It's still straight up retarded.

Lol if you want something to ActuallyWorryAbout(TM) worry about Texas flipping blue. Which basically means, no more non-dem presidents, ever.

There is a exponentially greater chance of that happening in the next 20 years than DC ever becoming a state.
TX will be blue in 10 years, 15 tops.

I figure I am at least as smart as your average bear, pic-a-nic basket wise and what have you, but I do not understand that exchange.
Perhaps it's just too subtle for us residents of Jellystone.

🐯
She had an intern die and the left is trying to bully her into voting for the commie bills "its what your dead staffer would have wanted". She's either genuinely mad about the left trying to bully her or play acting the moderate/swing vote well enough to tell them to f*** off.

Back
Top Bottom