• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

White House Petition: Repeal 1986 Hughes and 1934 NFA

All these gun shows around. It would be great to get a computer or 2 and a table at a gun show and get signatures that way

signed back on 1-21.

Can't believe there are only 4200 signatures as of now. I have seen it posted on a bunch of forums, blogs, instagram and twitter.

signed back on 1-21.

Can't believe there are only 4200 signatures as of now. I have seen it posted on a bunch of forums, blogs, instagram and twitter.

There are lot of righties that have the hat on a little too tight and think signing such a petition will put them under enhanced scrutiny by ATF or FBI.

And then, there are a TON of people that are simply asleep. There is a current thread here on NES concerning a MA resident that only learned of the AG's unconstitutional attack on fun owners last July, LAST WEEK when he sought to (legally) bring home an AR-15 given to him by his dad. I'm not casting stones. *I* slept through '94. One day I noticed, "HEY, WTF? All this stuff is illegal now?!"

These have been all over IG too, I don't get how they have so few signatures.
Machine guns.....if guns are bad, machine guns are really bad.

While people do own multiple theres somthing like 176,000 transferable mgs out there.
so, ya there should be more signatures.

I think people are to tinfoilish to give their information. Like the government doesn't know where u live.

That's 176,000 people out there with an investment to protect by not signing it. Actually, it's probably closer to 60k because who only owns just one?

That's 176,000 people out there with an investment to protect by not signing it. Actually, it's probably closer to 60k because who only owns just one?

and the same 176k who are hypocrites cherishing their little investment over the freedoms of their children. such supposed 2A supporters are worse than fudds or liberals. they are mercenaries of the left. vomit.

now is the best time to put pressure on congress to fix the NFA. so we shoudl all sign the petition.

Last edited:
I think its easier to sign the petition when you don't have tens of thousands invested, you don't own a machine gun with the fun switch, or the money to own one in the first place.

Not gonna lie, it would be hard for me to willingly sign away tens of thousands of dollars of investments in my retirement.

You guys are high if you think machine-gun owners are preventing the success of the repeal of the NFA.
while the rise in prices have draw in more investors than traditional collectors..
NFA collecters are the highest level of our hobby, and usually the most ardent defenders of the second ammendment who contribute more financially to to all the gun rights groups than your typical 100 NRA members combined.....internal finger pointing never helps a cause

You guys are high if you think machine-gun owners are preventing the success of the repeal of the NFA.
while the rise in prices have draw in more investors than traditional collectors..
NFA collecters are the highest level of our hobby, and usually the most ardent defenders of the second ammendment who contribute more financially to to all the gun rights groups than your typical 100 NRA members combined.....internal finger pointing never helps a cause

I'm middle class, if I was able scrounge up the funds to purchase one $25k gun as an investment and for my own personal fun, I'd have a hard time seeing that depreciate in value from my own personal cause.
If I was dirt rich Maybe not, it's tuff to say who will and who won't, but it would be crazy to think that some of these machine gun owners/collectors won't be against repealing the nfa or the Hugh's ammendment.

I'd give up my 25K novelty specialty item to go buy 6 of the same thing.. Except brand spankin new. Imagine the smell of a brand new full auto being broken in... sigh..

Back
Top Bottom