• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

White House: Gun Control WILL Pass, Round 2 is Coming

Just McCain? How about Shumer, Warren, Gabby Gifford, Obama, Feinstein, or any other politition who are trying to sell us out?

McCain is at least nominally republican and as such is supposed to be marginally less evil than the likes of Liawatha, His Royal Highness, Frankenstein and the others.

In practice, yes, all of them have betrayed the public trust, but him a little more so. He was expected to behave in a civilized manner, even though everyone knew he wouldn't.

If 75% of NH voters support a background check, why don't they pursue a state law? Probably because they don't.

Even if that statistic is true, it is because people don't have any idea what the laws are.

I've encountered people who own guns and don't have any clue what the federal laws are. I do my best to educate them on the fed laws but I keep meeting people who have no idea that NFA 32, GCA 68 or even FOPA 86 exist, let alone the content of those laws.

It really is true: There are so many ****ing gun laws no one has time or inclination to read any of them.

Even if that statistic is true, it is because people don't have any idea what the laws are.

I've encountered people who own guns and don't have any clue what the federal laws are. I do my best to educate them on the fed laws but I keep meeting people who have no idea that NFA 32, GCA 68 or even FOPA 86 exist, let alone the content of those laws.

It really is true: There are so many ****ing gun laws no one has time or inclination to read any of them.
I suspect a made up 90% of the 75% think they are talking about the system they already have when they ask if they "support background checks".

If they got into specifics of who would be checked:
- A family member?
- A friend?
- Someone "known to you"?
- Someone with a license?

You'd find that basically people support the law they already !@#$ing have.

Of course we can't be bogged down by details. If you disagree with the title of the law then you are a racist extremist. There is no room to talk about the facts or details of what the law actually does. Heck, it should be illegal to even read a bill before it is passed.

"[C]ommon sense" abrogation of civil rights. Let's call it what it is. Didn't the south have common sense racism laws with Jim Crowe? I forget that they now have "common sense" violation of free speech around the president. I'm so sick of how people hear the newspeak and fall for it. "Wait, if it's common sense that I must be for it as I am smart."

I suspect a made up 90% of the 75% think they are talking about the system they already have when they ask if they "support background checks".

If they got into specifics of who would be checked:
- A family member?
- A friend?
- Someone "known to you"?
- Someone with a license?

You'd find that basically people support the law they already !@#$ing have.

Of course we can't be bogged down by details. If you disagree with the title of the law then you are a racist extremist. There is no room to talk about the facts or details of what the law actually does. Heck, it should be illegal to even read a bill before it is passed.

This: the questions asked frame the debate and illicit a desired response. I would love to see the questions asked.

That's a bit too cold for me. I can't stand the man's politics but he endured more POW camp pain in 1 day then most of us will in our lifetimes.

So because he suffered at the hands of the vc its ok for him to deny me rights? Did you not pay attention in 2008 when he puffed up his "War Credentials" as a reason to vote for him? I'm sorry but HE politicized his pow status when he ran in 2008.

Just because he suffered doesn't mean I cut him any slack for stealing rights from me and for voting for unconstitutional laws.

Macs a democrat for petes sakes hes far from a conservative and continues to sell out on every issue. He must be getting ready to retire so he figures he will screw the pooch on the way out

That's a bit too cold for me. I can't stand the man's politics but he endured more POW camp pain in 1 day then most of us will in our lifetimes.

So that's why he's so down with NDAA? Makes no sense. He's a statist plain and simple POW doesn't give you special status to shred everyone else's rights. EFF him.

The really scary part is that most of the working people are still sound asleep. See my signature before it's too late. The train has accelerated the last 6 months, and it ain't slowin' down!
So, your solution is praying?
I'll stick with the mighty 7.62x51 instead.

The new discussion on the anti crowd is now moving to not just deeper background checks and registration but to make guns biometric capable. I couldn't believe the conversation I was hearing and the reason I heard "wont you feel safe if no one else can use your gun" My response was No cause if im not home or im shot it might be good if my son or wife could shoot the criminal. Idiots wear me out.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_Gun

I think the guy is more base than these even we think. I think he needs to pass ANYTHING just to say he has won. I think he was so PO'd in his strange response to the Senate vote because he "lost" and that cannot happen. This guy does all he can to try not to have his hands on anything so that he is clean, but even after putting Joe in this he couldn't stay out and now his brand is hurt. This cannot happen in his mind...

I think the word you're looking for is Narcissist.

The new discussion on the anti crowd is now moving to not just deeper background checks and registration but to make guns biometric capable. I couldn't believe the conversation I was hearing and the reason I heard "wont you feel safe if no one else can use your gun" My response was No cause if im not home or im shot it might be good if my son or wife could shoot the criminal. Idiots wear me out.

Smart Gun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the biggest problem is your gun is useless if enough electromagnetic radiation comes your way.

Back
Top Bottom