NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0

pdm

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
WOW!

So.. Back in the 1800's when there weren't any computers, no national gun laws, no illegal drugs, no BATF, FBI, CIA, etc. and crime was lower, taxes were less, and communities were safer, they did it how?
I vote for pure grain alcohol. Damned temperance movement.

Chris

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Just east of Zone 9, but in Worcester County.
Of course, you know what this really means...

Some corporate supporter of Democrats is going to get a hell of a contract to replace all the government computers whether they need it or not. And the tax payers are going to be on the hook for this 'kickback' to the donor.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course, you know what this really means...

Some corporate supporter of Democrats is going to get a hell of a contract to replace all the government computers whether they need it or not. And the tax payers are going to be on the hook for this 'kickback' to the donor.
Maybe someone forgot to put the 'W's" back on the keyboards?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So, do the old ones use an abacus for math? I fail to understand why an old computer would come up with an incorrect number....

Oh, wait. This administration refuses to take fault for anything. My bad.

Dell should be expecting a multi billion dollar check any day now....

NHAtHeart

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Anybody ever had to do work in a government building? I was working in Newark at NJ Transit HQ a couple years ago, I swear it looked like everyone was about to jump.

I believe THAT is why government is inefficient, people hate their jobs and don't give a crap about doing them well.

DTR

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ah, you guys really want the Obama administration to be more effective? In my opinion the less they do the better.

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Anyone ever see the inside of the OCC control room at the Ted Williams Tunnel?
I did and it looked like mission control at NASA. They have the latest and greatest computers, communications and camera monitoring systems. All paid for with Big Dig money.
If a state highway system has this stuff, there's no reason why the feds wouldn't have it too, but I believe it.
I have a friend who works for the NSA at Fort Mead MD. He was recruited out of UNH and he's been there since the mid 80's. He told me the Clinton years were the worst because he cut the intelligence budget and the computer system was quickly becoming antiquated. He strongly believes that 9/11 could have been prevented had the NSA been given the tools they needed to monitor the terrorists activities. However, the IRS always seems to get new stuff whenever they need it. I guess tax collection is more important than national security.

Titan

Banned
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I see...government isn't ineffective/incompetant, they're the victims of old computer systems.

I wonder if they've asked the question..."Why do we have old computer systems?"

It makes you scratch your head and say....Hmmm?

Top Bottom