White extremism is winning in my Vermont town. I'm selling my animal sanctuary and moving.

As much as I dislike Shank, I’m not going to dox him.

It’s a nice property though and he’s done some good off-grid updates. But he will only sell to individuals/organizations with his same viewpoints, which is why he’s not going through a realtor.
Hah

I'm positive he and Mr pre ban would get along

Pre Ban Tampon Man reminds me of the time a friend took me to the Pelham range. We were both shooting suppressed ARs, .300 Blk and 5.56. The old Fudds around us were shooting bolt actions. I broke out an AR15 Marauder pistol, 7" barrel and as loud as f***. The Fudds just about shit their Depends. Pretty soon the RO comes over and taps me on the shoulder and says "SLOW DOWN YOUR RATE OF FIRE!" I wasn't dumping mags, just plinking away. Apparently the old fuks around us thought it was too loud. Thats why I declined to join that particular range.

@ThePreBanMan I’m afraid that what started out as a reasonable discussion about the need for neighbors to try an accommodate each other has degraded into an argument about a particular case where, unless you have personal knowledge of the individuals involved, we can only speculate about the totality of what went on. While I agree with your initial claim that neighbors should work together to resolve their differences, you go on to imply that Shank/Breyer are completely in the right and those neighbors exercising their 2nd Amendments rights on their own land are completely in the wrong.

Given all the information I’ve been able to obtain I can only come to the conclusion Shank/Breyer can’t get along with their neighbors, no matter who’s “fault” it is. Most of the information I’ve read has come from Shank and if you believe him, then he was being reasonable. He says his initial request was along the lines of “Can you kindly let me know in advance when you’re about to fire since we’re in horseback riding season now? I’m concerned about the safety of neighbor kids, and I’ll just make sure I don’t have anyone riding when the heavier munitions are being used. Thanks!” If that was the tone and tenor of the request, then I would agree that the neighbor reacted unreasonably. However, his statement just before this quote was that he "reached out to my assault-weapons-and-explosives-using neighbors”. This seems to indicate that he enter into the “negotiations” with a standard progressive’s negative view of gun owners.

Since I’ve not been able to find any rebuttal information from the accused neighbors, it’s impossible for me to have an informed opinion on this case. It may be the neighbors have no justification, or it may be that Shank/Breyer are just more sophisticated users of the media than your average Vermont country boy.

Given that Shank/Breyer ended up using their positions on the Planning Board to try and push through an ordinance that (based on the 12 letters received in favor) was actively supported by less than 1% of the 1,572 households in the town, I tend to think that there is enough blame to go around.

I used to live in southern Maine, not even in the real boonies and you heard gun shots every f***ing day, and constantly during hunting season. No one ever gave a f***.

This.

It really does come with the territory... "show me an ordinance that says..." no. It's not a question of words on paper, it's just the reality of living in that environment. In almost every free state, you can shoot on your own property, and get even more legal protection perks if you a) set up a range and/or b) are a farmer protecting your animals or plants. Hearing gun shots is to be expected, and anyone who denies it clearly has no clue what they're talking about. To those who mentioned moving in near an airport or train track; you nailed it.

In down east Maine I would hear isolated shots all afternoon... usually just yote and porky removal by the local farmers. Then occasionally a fireworks show of obvious plinking, but rarely after dark. In rural New Hampshire I can't get an hour on the screen porch without at least a few bursts of gun fire close, or in the distance. A few times a week it's clearly a group getting some extended range time in, sometimes well after dark, which makes me think there is a nice, well-lighted backyard range nearby which I don't know about, or some NV shooting going on. Fun!

The limited discussion with neighbors in both places usually amounts to "So, ya doin some shooting?" Sure, wanna come with? We're going back out. "Thanks for asking, I just happen to have my gear right here hahaha" - or - "Was that you shooting up a storm on Sunday?" Not me, but I heard it too "Wasn't me either, just wonderin. How ya been?" - or - "Oh good, it's you you. Heard a lot of shots, wanted to make sure it wasn't those guys who keep setting up on my back field" Want us to keep it down, you got a dinner party tonight or something? "Nah, it's your property, do as ya please, just making sure it wasn't idiots in my fields. Have fun!"

I doubt anybody would or has organized a big, loud shoot as a response to a neighbor saying "Would you mind keeping it down Tuesday, we're having a birthday party" or "We just had a baby..." etc. Some rabid anti nutjob foaming at the mouth, trying to get you banned from shooting on your own land (which is allowed by law, and is standard for rural environs) and writing smear pieces in the paper calling everything from your grandpappy's old Remington to a bone stock AR an "assault rifle" though? They deserve what they get. Don't start a pissing match unless you're ready to be pissed on.

Over educated under intelligent progressives relocate to an area with an ideological base they’re incompatible with. Instead of assimilating they demand base change their behaviors, when demands fail to produce results they attempt to legislate their desired changes. They are the problem, there’s no gray area here. They easily could’ve relocated to a rural area in a state with restrictive gun laws, yet they chose Vermont.
Aint it the truth!

Just an interesting tidbit of info. In another editorial, Shank calls out Williston’s noise ordinance as an example of what he is trying to get in Brandon. From that ordinance:

6. Exemptions and Exclusions
6.13. The use of firearms when used for hunting in accordance with state Fish and Wildlife laws or when used for sport shooting consistent with any
permitting conditions
placed on such use. For sport shooting uses permitted prior to January 1, 2005, the hours of operation will be determined through a written agreement with the Town. (bolding added)

So it seems that the ordinance he sites as a model would still permit sport shooting on your own property as long as it is outside of their limited restricted firearms discharge area:

"The discharge of any type of firearm outside of the restricted firearms discharge area is permitted in accordance with the laws of the State of Vermont."

I can see being annoyed if the shots are close enough that they're not a distant "boom" but a loud, startling "crack", but I suspect that's not the case. Given the size of people's acreage up that way I'm guessing these shots Captain Noballs is crying about are not like a hundred feet away.

Pre Ban Tampon Man reminds me of the time a friend took me to the Pelham range. We were both shooting suppressed ARs, .300 Blk and 5.56. The old Fudds around us were shooting bolt actions. I broke out an AR15 Marauder pistol, 7" barrel and as loud as f***. The Fudds just about shit their Depends. Pretty soon the RO comes over and taps me on the shoulder and says "SLOW DOWN YOUR RATE OF FIRE!" I wasn't dumping mags, just plinking away. Apparently the old fuks around us thought it was too loud. Thats why I declined to join that particular range.
Any club that requires a presence of an RO in order to operate an outdoor range is a f***ing fudds habitat.

Over educated under intelligent progressives relocate to an area with an ideological base they’re incompatible with. Instead of assimilating they demand base change their behaviors, when demands fail to produce results they attempt to legislate their desired changes. They are the problem, there’s no gray area here. They easily could’ve relocated to a rural area in a state with restrictive gun laws, yet they chose Vermont.
And it is not just guns. Race tracks is the same. All is same. Whole country had capitulated to fecking Karens of both sexes.

I've said it before and it bears to keep a light shone on it. The most horrible and racist words I have ever heard in my life have always, *always*, come from the mouths of white liberals. They are amazing chameleons in how they can make a long sad face and yet inside, well I wouldn't want to go there.
Yup , they are the most two faced people in the world.
The same a-hole that has their yard plastered with "Hate has no home here" and BLM signs plus the rainbow flag would be the first on the phone to the realtor if a black family moved in down the street.

This guy sounds like my neighbors. “It’s like they’re shooting from inside my house” “things were moving on my shelves and the windows were rattling”

OK dildo, I haven’t shot in a year..And yet you’re still complaining?

My favorite one is “we used to live in a quiet neighborhood”…… ahh no.
The air traffic rattles my house numerous times every day. If you don’t like it f***ing move.

I had people testifying at the city Council that I was shooting armor piercing incendiary tracers at all hours of the night. These guys are ridiculous. All right let’s just pretend I was how would they know they were “armor piercing”

It’s just a good soundbite. When in reality it makes him sound like a f***ing idiot

I’m done explaining myself..

The funny this is. The neighbors must be raising “white extremists”. With all the dicks and swastikas that get spray paint it on my stuff.
Ummm.

….are we still talking about Captain Noballs here? The flatlander?

Yes…He’s definitely living in a world of make-believe…
“I’m selling my home and my animal sanctuary” the guys a politician nothing more.

The fact of this guys even on the news is a joke.

Yes…He’s definitely living in a world of make-believe…
“I’m selling my home and my animal sanctuary” the guys a politician nothing more.

The fact of this guys even on the news is a joke.
Nobody outside of Vermont ever heard of the guy before this publicity stunt. I certainly never did.

I predict he will be more visible in the national news over the next few years and perhaps be a vp candidate for some other Dem screwball. (That might be 10-15 years out. It take time to groom them, though he's had a good head start with his sex toy farm)

WE are 2nd amendment advocates and gun owners. But hey, if you think it's beneficial to throw people out of that group because they don't align 100% with your own personal beliefs, then hey, it's a free country. But - you're only proving me right... Keep alienating people who don't align 100% with your view and you'll find yourself in an awful small tent.... and getting run over by the will of everyone YOU force outside of it.. I stand by my prior statement that this is how WE lose the fight... But feel free to keep making my point stronger with your comments.

You call my views repulsive, yet I'm not the one here who has turned to name-calling and personal insults.... a tactic that only validates my position by the way since the opposition lacks intelligent rebuttals.

...and you're not doing me a courtesy... If you don't like what I have to say on a forum open to the public, feel free to add me to your ignore list.
It’s amazing you don’t pass out from oxygen deprivation sitting that high on your horse.

But but but…PHD! He probably just wants to get on Bloomy’s good side and maybe score a job à la Shannon Watts or whatever that Monsanto twitt’s name is. Can’t make a living sheltering animals, ya know? I don’t know, there’s no logic in what he’s doing. If I was living in a rural setting like that, probably 15 minutes away from the next first responder, I couldn’t imagine NOT owning/using guns.

I can see being annoyed if the shots are close enough that they're not a distant "boom" but a loud, startling "crack", but I suspect that's not the case. Given the size of people's acreage up that way I'm guessing these shots Captain Noballs is crying about are not like a hundred feet away.
Given the fact the guy was exaggerating on a whole series of things, I wouldn't be surprised that his perception of the noise level has been over exaggerated.

There was a time when I would have considered his position "to get along", and be neighborly.

You meet the guy halfway and then later comes back and wants you to meet "halfway" on something else and then you have nothing left. They will never stop until your rights are gone. I am past negotiating with people like this guy.

I’d bet $1 that a year from now there is going to be another article about this guy. That he is being forced to sell his farm because the KKK Linsky are is molesting his sheep and nazis are stealing his goats.

and as a bonus, if the Republican running for prez wins he is moving to Canada.

FIFY

I’d bet $1 that a year from now there is going to be another article about this guy. That he is being forced to sell his farm because the KKK are molesting his sheep and nazis are stealing his goats.

and as a bonus, if the Republican running for prez wins he is moving to Canada.
They always SAY they'll leave for another country but they never GO, damnit

Back
Top Bottom