Whiskey Festivals?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
[HR][/HR] Anyone know of a whiskey festival that is meant for normal people in New England? I found a couple, but the ticket price is about $150 to $275, and its not a "festival." The ones I've found require "business or business casual attire", are held in hotel ballrooms, and you sit at tables.

WhiskyFest New York FAQ | WhiskyFest

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 bottle of Bushmills black, 1 bottle of Laugavulin, 1 bottle of Oban, 1 bottle of Talisker, 1 bottle of Bowmore, 1 bottle of Glenfarclas.
2 glasses, 1 guest.

Instant festival.

MisterHappy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
From the point of view of practicalities (as an Intoxicologist) how would one control consumption (do the attendees have a limit on the number of items to taste?), and how would the promoters be able to make a buck, after overhead, insurance, etc., especially if you're tasting top-shelf stuff.

mremsi's plan is at least $100/person with that pouring list! [laugh]

My point is that if it were a profitable venture, it most likely would have been done, already.

jtnf

NES Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
The Irish Cultural Center in Canton has whiskey events on occasion. I think the last one was a few months ago.
Not the SMWSA Extravaganza by any measure (I attended one of those at the Taj Boston,) but a bahgan at (IIRC) $35.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
From the point of view of practicalities (as an Intoxicologist) how would one control consumption (do the attendees have a limit on the number of items to taste?), and how would the promoters be able to make a buck, after overhead, insurance, etc., especially if you're tasting top-shelf stuff.

mremsi's plan is at least $100/person with that pouring list! [laugh]

My point is that if it were a profitable venture, it most likely would have been done, already.
I think it'd be a better money maker if it included a wide variety of drinks. Anything and everything from Jim Beam to single malt Scotch, depends on who wants to sponsor the event. As for drink limits, there's a lot of ways of doing that. Don't serve people with designated driver wristbands, three to five glass limit, make sure there's a bus, train or taxi service nearby.

Honestly its just a random thought I had. I saw that the Newport Oktoberfest is being sponsored by Sobieski vodka, hopefully they'll be serving that there.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably closer to $125-$150 if you're staying in the 12 year old range. If you want to have a couple of 14 -16 year olds, add a bit.

Top Bottom