wHip Em’ Out! Your collection that is.

Awesome! I had a few straight razors many years ago, back in the 80’s. One of them was whales tooth with scrimshaw. I didn’t appreciate them back then. I think they may still be at my dads house. I recently picked up my1st in a long time. I’d like to get a nice collection going.
It’s a Dovo/ Solingen with ebony wood handle. Stock photo.
D44A06FD-1B8C-4598-9479-81A491563D87.png

Awesome! I had a few straight razors many years ago, back in the 80’s. One of them was whales tooth with scrimshaw. I didn’t appreciate them back then. I think they may still be at my dads house. I recently picked up my1st in a long time. I’d like to get a nice collection going.
It’s a Dovo/ Solingen with ebony wood handle. Stock photo.
View attachment 223518

Be careful my first was a Dovo lol [wink]

Holy Crap. Nice spread! I'm gonna have to add some Ginsu Steak knifes to compete with this...
thinking the same, lol. I got some catching up to do. knives I've always wanted and should add soon to compete with you hardcore collector types are, of course, as I mentioned before, the kukri, and I've always liked the rat/busse stuff. you can't just have one, right? the bali songs have intrigued me also but I've done damage to myself twirling a cheapie around, minced fingers and took 4 stiches to my upper thigh. yep, I suck at tricks, lol.

I had a nra knife show up at the door the beginning of January. ??don't know why, no letter, just the box with the knife?? it's marked stone river like your knife on the right, silversquirrel. the other side is marked "china". different style though, spear point and approx. 3" black coated blade. for a freebie, I like the thing. opens smooth, blade is centered when closed and if kept sharp, cuts and slices great. I've dedicated it to being my fruit slicer. i'm pleasantly surprised after using it for a month.

Some amazing collections on here - and has me thinking of some new additions

Mine is so pathetically small that I had to include the bayonets

Time to start adding I think...

The little one (Kabar LDK) is awesome and I have with me almost 24/7 - usually my EDC is the TDI (the other curved one)

upload_2018-3-3_18-31-54.png

That's a fighting knife collection right there!

upload_2018-3-3_18-31-54-png.224191

A few of mine. Some from the ole man.
View attachment 223131
I like that golden spike.
Mines been in the woods with me for over 40 years.
I lost it once and was just shattered.
Went back out and luckily it was sticking in a stump right next to where I had gutted a deer.
I'm not normally superstitious but I wouldn't go without it.
It's always brought me luck.

You all are shaming me now.
I'll have to post a pic or two of the collection soon.

picked up a new knife this week. first time I've purchased a brand other than a spyderco in a long time. it's a case carhartt edition mini trapper with a 2 1/2" wharncliffe blade. 440 stainless, some kind of synthetic jigged bone scales and stainless bolsters, pins and liner. pretty nice knife, well made and finished for the price. marked case usa on the blade and has a carhartt medallion on the left side of the knife instead of one saying case. found it on amazon for a decent price, 26 bucks including shipping. only complaint was burrs on the blade, i could feel them when i ran the blade over my fingernail. had to hit it with a fine stone right out of the box.

20180323_142950 (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom