Which Youth .22lr Rifle?

My daughter started on my Chipmunk that I had when I was 9. That was when she was 7. It's a very nicely made, good rifle. She's small for her age, but outgrew it by the time she was 9. She took my 10/22, and I got a used stock to cut down for her (she was too big for the Chipmunk and too small for the 10/22) and when she grows, I'll put the original stock back on.
My son now has the Chipmunk, and is eyeing my BL-22 (no effing way!) so I'm thinking another 10/22 may come into the house.

Tha is all. I am torn between the 10/22, 15/22. The 455 scout looks really nice, but we already have the glenfield bolt gun.

I like the idea of putting a bipod and red dot on the 15/22 and having the stock pinned all the way collapsed. It would be nice to be able to adjust it out for me, but that would just be too dangerous, lol. Maybe get a second lower?

My daughter started on my Chipmunk that I had when I was 9. That was when she was 7. It's a very nicely made, good rifle. She's small for her age, but outgrew it by the time she was 9. She took my 10/22, and I got a used stock to cut down for her (she was too big for the Chipmunk and too small for the 10/22) and when she grows, I'll put the original stock back on.
My son now has the Chipmunk, and is eyeing my BL-22 (no effing way!) so I'm thinking another 10/22 may come into the house.

Get him the 10/22TD stainless with Magpul Backpacker stock.

10-22TD.jpg

My son with a Henry mini bolt. It's a nice little shooter, highly recommend. They grow out of them quick though. It's a little small for my 9yr old daughter, she shoots the Marlin 60 20180709_115903.jpg

We have a Savage Cub T with thumbhole stock we should move on to another family. Let me check with my relatives. This 10yo girl is now applying to colleges.

i-g7dM9DH-L.jpg

Back
Top Bottom