Which Shotgun tube stabilizer?

Cuz

NES Member
The question comes down to cost and aesthetics. There are a number of 3 gun focused companies that make lovely machined aluminum pieces. But you pay.

If you only care about function, check out TacStar. They are stamped steel and because of the design don't actually weigh any more than the aluminum ones and they cost a lot less.

I have a Tac Star extension tube for my Benelli M2 that I use when I shoot 3 gun and remove when I hunt. For that reason I've never used a brace. It works fine for me without one.

If it was a true fighting shotgun, I'd definitely have one since I can imagine a number of scenarios where the wrong pressure in the wrong direction could screw something up. But for a game gun, I don't think you need one.

Don

Ya, I have an extended tube on my Rem-1100 for shotgun games and it is pretty sturdy so I don't have a clamp on it.

If I was going into some "rough" situation, I would slap on the one I have which is just stamped steel.

It seems that when ever I grab the gun it's usually towards the top end and I end up grabbing the barrel and extension and squeezing them together. I'm afraid they will pinch together and I'll damage the tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_1617.jpg Running one of these on my Stoeger M3K. Made of Aluminum and solid as a rock, a little overkill. Think i got it from Midway.

Not that I shoot 3 gun but I have the Nordic Comp on my 870 with the small rail section for a light as my HD setup. Easy to install and easy to remove when I want to turkey hunt. Well made product IMO.

I have the Nordic. It's threaded for a sling swivel and Noveske makes a QD sling mount for it I have on mine - nice to be able to sling up for a round of sporting clays.

Some of the matches I shoot require a sling on the shotgun, I use a Nordic clamp. It's also extra support for putting it in a dump barrel.
The flex you see isn't a big issue. How long is your barrel?

Some of the matches I shoot require a sling on the shotgun, I use a Nordic clamp. It's also extra support for putting it in a dump barrel.
The flex you see isn't a big issue. How long is your barrel?

It's the M3K with 24" barrel, the +6 tube extends about 3" past the external choke on the barrel. It just bothers me that it flexes when I grab it so I want it stabilized. I ordered the Nordic clamp, but without the rail, that looked too bulky so I wouldn't end up using it.

Last edited:
It's the M3K with 24" barrel, the +6 tube extends about 3" past the external choke on the barrel. It just bothers me that it flexes when I grab it so I want it stabilized. I ordered the Nordic clamp, but without the rail, that looked too bulky so I wouldn't end up using it.

When you put the clamp on, unscrew the extension from the nut, maybe 1/8 of a turn, just enough to let the extension move, then put the clamp on. That way there is no influence on shooting slugs.

Back
Top Bottom