Which Red Dot For Glock 19 MOS?

About 6 months ago I asked for advice on which gen G-19 to buy. For a number of reasons, including the introduction of the MOS series, I will probably be getting a gen 4 G-19 MOS. I would like to hear from folks who have an MOS series Glock and which optic they mounted. This will be used for range, HD and possibly carry. I would also prefer to spend about half the firearm price for the optic rather than as much as the gun cost (or more). Also, despite my screen name, I am no longer in Mass, having escaped about 16 months ago. I appreciate and look forward to all replies.

I have a Trijicon RMR (6.5 MOA adjustable LED). I know this probably is beyond your spending threshold but wanted to give some feedback on the MOA size and clarity.
I did ALOT of research before plunking down that much on a red dot but the overwhelming consensus is that you get what you pay for. And if you plan on using this for a potential SHTF backup then spend where appropriate.

I'm not an expert shooter by any means but it has increased my accuracy. With my research I found 6.5MOA to be good for most usage. It allows easy target placement and is accurate far enough out to where you would want to use a pistol.
I can't compare it to other brands such as Vortex or Primary Arms brand though. I can say though that it's clear, the adjustable dot is fantastic (not all models are adjustable), the MOA is a good size, and I like it much better than standard sights.

I do wish for the $$ it came with a better bottom section that rests against the cut out, it's just kind of open (probably to keep it as low as possible)..Trijicon of course sells a "sealing" plate for this but for that kind of money it should come standard.

The Burris fastfire III is by far the best value. Get the 8 MOA dot. It's guaranteed for life, both the sight itself and also the electronics. Nobody can beat that deal, and it's a great sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, I guess the Fastfire lll is the one. I can see the point Mr E. makes about the best if it is for saving your bacon, but in all likelyhood I will never carry it. One final question is whether to get the one with the mount or not. Can the mount be removed and then fit on the glock adaptor plate? If so, it might be worth it to get the one with the mount so it could be used on another gun with a rail if desired. Also, I have seen some prices online that are cheaper for the model with mount than without.

Mine came with the mount, I just don't use it. The sight is not attached to the mount. If I ever move the FastFire from my Glock MOS to something else the mount may come in handy.

Just be sure to get the 8 moa dot size for handgun use.

I've got a Leupold Deltapoint on my Glock 34. It has a very large window, so easier to pick up the dot. But it is rather large for carry. I use it as a game gun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom