• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Which powder best for an Extreme 45 ACP 200g RN Bullet

Trying to save money on bullets and found a good deal on 500 200g rn bullets by Extreme. Obviously neither of my reloading manuals have data for a load for these. I have Bullseye and Power Pistol and wonder if anyone has used either for these bullets in 45ACP? I understand Extreme says to start midrange for jacketed round nose data and work up. Question is...has anyone found a good load they can recommend with either powder? Thanks.

What are you loading them for? Plinking? A match? Do you want bunny farts or something close to factory 45?

Somewhere between 4 and 5 GR of bullseye will get you to most points in between.

Trying to save money on bullets and found a good deal on 500 200g rn bullets by Extreme. Obviously neither of my reloading manuals have data for a load for these. I have Bullseye and Power Pistol and wonder if anyone has used either for these bullets in 45ACP? I understand Extreme says to start midrange for jacketed round nose data and work up. Question is...has anyone found a good load they can recommend with either powder? Thanks.

It seems like economy is your goal, so...
...based on Alliant's data for the 200g GDHP, maximum is 5.8g of BE @ 934 fps and 8.3g of PP @ 952 fps.
43% more powder for 2% increase in velocity favors BE for economical reloads.
You'll likely use less than the stated charges, but at the above charge weights:
BE = 1206 rounds per pound of powder.
PP = 843 rounds per pound of powder.

Last edited:

The way I read it is theyre saying their bullets should max out (velocity wise) at mid range fmj data (meaning mid range or lower) or higher end lead data and no faster than 1500fps.

Load Info

Our Copper Plated Bullets can be run at mid-range jacketed velocities or higher end lead velocities. We recommend keeping velocities to less than 1500 FPS (Feet Per Second) and using only a light taper crimp

Any velocities over 1200 FPS we recommend either our Heavy Plate Concave Base or Hollow Point products for superior accuracy. We recommend keeping velocities to less than 1500 FPS (Feet Per Second) and using only a light taper crimp
All of our Hard Cast Lead Bullets are approximately 18 on Brinell, our Cowboy lead bullets are approximately 15 on Brinell.

http://www.xtremebullets.com/Bullet-Load-Info-s/1952.htm

I just loaded some 200 grain extremes, using Ramshot Silouhette and liked it, clean, meters well, decent velocity. I just followed the 200 grain Berry's formula staying towards the low end. You can down load it right off the website. Stuff can be tough to find, I bought it at Cabelas.

Power Pistol for heavy loads, though, i never load plated bullets heavy. That would be for an XTP or something.

231 is a go to for medium loads and my go to powder lately for a lot of things as it usually can be found.

WST or Bullseye for mousefart loads

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom