• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Which one would you sell?

bob6180

NES Member
Ugh. so I may have to list a pistol for sale soon for financial reasons. Which one would you sell?

Brand new G19 - unfired with 3 pre-ban mags

or

Sig P229- 9mm night sites. Barely fired. (Maybe 200 rounds) with 4 13-round pre bans and 2 10 rounds.

Last edited:
If whatever is left was going to be your carry gun, I'd sell the Sig. If you aren't concerned about convenient carry, I'd sell the Glock.

Must agree with the majority. Sell the Glock and keep the Sig. The Glock will sell faster and you'll be left with a much better gun. Only exception would be if you have no other concealed carry gun. Then the opposite would seem to make more sense.

I would sell the Glock. Is your Sig made in Germany or Exeter? If I had to choose one, Id go Sig but am definitely a Sig guy...

The G19 has the advantage in capacity, but you may perfer the ergonomics of the Sig better. If you are alright with the ergos of the G19, sell the Sig. If not, sell the G19.

Depends if you're going through to be looking to replace it later. The Sig is likely easier to replace in MA rather than the Glock, depending on the generation. This holds true for the mags as well. If the Sig isn't anything special, sell it with just the 10 rounders. You can then replace it when funds become available.

I'd sell the Sig bc you can buy another sig any time you want it. Keep the prebans just in case.

If you want another Glock later, you have to pay the MA retard premium or have the patience of a saint to wait for someone who isn't trying to sell it for $800

Then again, you could be that dick and sell the glock for an obscene price and gouge your fellow gun owners.

- - - Updated - - -

Must agree with the majority. Sell the Glock and keep the Sig. The Glock will sell faster and you'll be left with a much better gun. Only exception would be if you have no other concealed carry gun. Then the opposite would seem to make more sense.

How is the Sig a "much better gun"?

FWIW I'm not a glock fanboy...I own glocks and sigs and like both. I'm not so sure my sigs are "much better" though. Neither has ever failed to go bang for me.

I'm not a Glock guy so I'd say keep the Sig. Someone else might say sell both and get a 1911. It's personal preference--they're both good guns.

Knicks nailed it...list both if you need the money. Now.

i love my gen3 glock 19, ymmv. i'd take it any day over the 229. in fact when i had a similar dilemma i sold the sig.

Same here, sell the sig and keep the mags if you can, the 229 is easier to replace, but the preban mags are not so common here.

it sounds like you're neutral, or you wouldn't be asking us. then, sell the one that brings the most money: the sig
glocks are available all over MA now, including new ones at several dealers who rightfully say "FU" to the arbitrary and absurd state rules

+ Glock rules!

If you know how to get Glocks at normal prices, sell that one. I don't think Sig resale is that good unless it's W. German, and new ones are really expensive.

Ugh. so I may have to list a pistol for sale soon for financial reasons. Which one would you sell?

Brand new G19 - unfired with 3 pre-ban mags

or

Sig P229- 9mm night sites. Barely fired. (Maybe 200 rounds) with 4 13-round pre bans and 2 10 rounds.

Having been down this road more or less before, P229, hands down. You'll get more money for that setup and you'll be pissed at yourself if you get rid of the 19.

I'm assuming of course, that you don't shoot/handle one way better than the other. If you shoot the sig way better, then I would go in the other direction.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom