Which One Is Better For Long Range Shooting

HAHA very funny I would go with the Ruger precision rifle in 22 over that.

I am not a moron or new to shooting I just don't know about all the new gear out there.

If you asked me 25 years ago when I got out of the service what are good guns and what should some one buy I would tell you that the only guns you need are

Beretta 92
Colt 1911
S&W 686
Remington 700 308
Mossberg 590 12 gauge
An over under 12 gauge
AR 15 5.56
AK 47 7.62x39
Barrett 50 cal.

And I would have told you to never buy a S&W sigma or a Glock and I would have only been half wright with don't buy the sigma and totally wrong by saying don't buy a glock.

So from that list I think you can see that I am old school.

And now I can recommend a bunch of other and different guns by what you plain on doing with the gun so i now have a wide knowledge the most guns out there except for new long range Precision rifles because all I have ever had or shot was the Remington 700.

But I look at it is the only way to make good decisions is from information I don't know a lot about the new Precision rifles out there today.

Last edited:
OP is such a n00b. My precision gun is a Derringer and I shoot 0.25 MOA at 10,000 yards. GET ON MY LEVEL!

OP is such a n00b. My precision gun is a Derringer and I shoot 0.25 MOA at 10,000 yards. GET ON MY LEVEL!

Mine is a Ruger 22/45 LITE with a Vortex HD and a bayonet. I shoot sub MOA at 2500 yards.

You two are such rookies. I use a Red Ryder BB gun and I can put an eye out at 2500.[laugh]

Haha pretty funny but it's all good I have no clue how to shoot anything I own so can some one please come show me how to use these item's.

View attachment 267054

Dude, mark that shit NSFW until you SBR the MP5! My kid was looking over my shoulder, now I have to explain the long thing on the MP5. Thanks a lot...

Dude, mark that shit NSFW until you SBR the MP5! My kid was looking over my shoulder, now I have to explain the long thing on the MP5. Thanks a lot...

I have a long thing on my Savage 10 to so I am sorry I don't understand what you mean I do understand what NSFW means I think it means NOT SAFE FOR WORK but sorry I am still lost.

I guess there is one thing I will never be on top of is internet lingo I don't go on any web sight but NES or gun web sights to buy or learn about guns I don't ever or have any Facebook snapchat Instagram Twitter NES is my only social media forum I go on.

This.
The 6.5-08 has been a beast at the National Championships for a long, long time. It's a stupid easy round: 308 necked down to 6.5. Remington commercialized it and renamed it the .260 Remington. If a person were to build a prone rifle, they could do a lot worse than .260 Ackey Improved.

I love 6.5 CM, I’m building a gas gun in it now. I don’t get how popular it has become when we already had .260 Rem. People talk a lot of negativity about all the alternate AR-15 chamberings out there, but at least it is not all duplications of 5.56 (.224 Valk. .300blk). But why do we need 6.5 CM when .260 already existed? Maybe I am missing something key and someone can educate me. If I am not mistaken, .260 Rem has a slight case capacity advantage over 6.5 CM.

compared to 260 remington, the 6.5 CM neck is further back thus allowing to seat a longer bullet and still maintain OAL to fit in an SR-25 mag. IIRC 260 remington can be made to fit into SR-25/AR-10 mag but becomes very limited on bullet lengths. if one was running a bolt action the 260 remington does have a slight advantage in terms of case capacity, although factory loadings are far less prevalent compared to 6.5CM which is something of a disadvantage.

I have a long thing on my Savage 10 to so I am sorry I don't understand what you mean I do understand what NSFW means I think it means NOT SAFE FOR WORK but sorry I am still lost.

I guess there is one thing I will never be on top of is internet lingo I don't go on any web sight but NES or gun web sights to buy or learn about guns I don't ever or have any Facebook snapchat Instagram Twitter NES is my only social media forum I go on.

The joke was supposed to be that an MP5 with a fake can is so offensive it should be marked "not safe for work".

Back
Top Bottom