If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership The benefits pay for the membership many times over.
Be sure to enter the NES/MFS January Giveaway ***Hi-Point 995TS Carbine***
One is none two is one.My vote is to go/stay with the 9mm
...nothing against the 40 cal .....
1) 9mm Ammo is cheaper to buy
2) 9mm is more available and plentyful over all
3) 9mm is the caliber most used by police and the military
4) 9mm ammo will be easy to trader as many other owners own and need 9mm
5) If one of your 9mm pistol breaks and it can't be fixed (for a variety of reasons) you still have another 9mm to use with the ammo you have already bought/stored.
6) Having 2 pistols shooting the same caliber means you have less ammo to buy. You don't have to buy/accumulate two different minimum amounts of distint ammo.
Just my thoughts...
I wouldnt say 9mm is more available. I see a lot more .40 on the shelves than 9.
Dunno, I looked and looked and no .40 to be found anywhere on my shelves. Of course, I no longer actually own anything in that caliber, so no reason to 'find' the ammo. Hence, I conclude 9mm is more common.Without starting a caliber war, that I think this is going to...
9mm is an less expensive round, I wouldn't say ANYTHING is easier to find right now then anything else.
Whagt kid of pussy are you? Real men carry 500 S&W
Wanna be real men carry a 500SW.
Real men carry a 45/70.
And Gods carry a 600.
357 sig. Easily converted to .40 with a barrel swap and same mags can be used.
I never have a problem finding ammo for either.
9mm. Yeah....not so much