Which model gun do you prefer?

• 1. S&W

Votes: 65 74.7%
  • 2. Colt

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • 3. Neither. I hate revolvers.

Votes: 7 8.0%

• Total voters
I was trying to post a picture of a GP100, because I'm a [troll] but I'm also bad at phones, (accidentally) deleted it and gave up.
First revolver was a GP100 6" 357 stainless. Lady Radtekk loved it, so we got her one. Now there's a couple more in a variety off sizes and calibers. She gave me a 7 1/2 Super Redhawk 44mag as a wedding gift. A while later I gave her an engraved SP101.

I'm at work now, have to post some pics when I get home...

S&W revolvers feel better in my hand. I have two duty-sized DA revolvers: The 6” Colt Official Police .38 my father carried as a LEO in the 60’s, and a 4” stainless S&W 681 .357 that apparently belonged to a NYS trooper. I prefer the S&W by far but the Colt is an heirloom! I hope to pass it down to my son one day.

I’ve always liked the feel of the Colt but have always been told they are more fragile, timing wise.
S&W have sucked for a while, even before the lock. But pinned barrels and hammer mounted firing pins are indications they were made before QA plunged. I actually carry my 15-3.

Given a choice between the two, I’ll take anything from Ruger, especially from the same era (Six series).

I’ve always liked the feel of the Colt but have always been told they are more fragile, timing wise.
S&W have sucked for a while, even before the lock. But pinned barrels and hammer mounted firing pins are indications they were made before QA plunged. I actually carry my 15-3.

Given a choice between the two, I’ll take anything from Ruger, especially from the same era (Six series).
I got to carry on duty and shoot S&W 10s while on the PD until I decided to buy my own gun (Colt Trooper) to carry. This was in the late 1970s and S&W was having QA problems that didn't impress me. I've shot thousands of rounds thru the Trooper with absolutely no issues.

I have a 66-2 with combat grips, 4" barrel. One of my all time favorites!
I don't own any Colts, don't want one bad enough to pay the crazy prices they are asking for them but the new Python does look tempting.

S & W. Just bought a 642, like the way it carries in my pocket. I had one before but gave it away to friend who wanted a revolver and he had helped with so many things of the years, it was the only way he would accept any payment for his help.

I prefer the S&W for double action shooting. For single action shooting I don't have a preference. I don't care which way the cylinder unlocks.

I own one S&W (638) - the rest of my revolvers are Rugers. Never was brand loyal and shopped based off of need, availability and price. I can’t justify spending the money on a colt but is money wasn’t a factor, I would own dozens of Rugers, S&W’s & Colts. I like them all!

Another vote for the S&W. If you ever need parts, or a gunsmith who can work on the gun, then the S&W will be much easier to keep in service.

Back when revolvers ruled, S&W came to dominate law enforcement and competition by supporting armorers. They trained lots of armorers at the factory, and they sold lots of spare parts and specialized tools. Colt never provided the same level of support or parts. S&W sold enough spare parts that there are still a fair amount of new old stock parts in circulation even decades later.

Also, I just like K-frames. They just feel right. However, that is just a personal preference

S & W. Just bought a 642, like the way it carries in my pocket. I had one before but gave it away to friend who wanted a revolver and he had helped with so many things of the years, it was the only way he would accept any payment for his help.
I've had my 642 for about 30 years. OWB cross draw from a TripleK holster. Or it rides nice in the pocket of my Carhartts or any jacket I own. I had my local smithy tune it up and it's as smooth as polished glass.

Always carried a Smith in the A.F. and early P.D.s , Ya, I'm old. Never owned a Colt due to cost, but used to have a mix of Smith and Ruger. For your poll i'd pick a Smith but in real life, i'd get some Rugers first and then Smiths.

Smith, but that's because I have one and I have no experience with the Trooper. I own two Colt revolvers, a detective special and a python (both nickel) and would love to add a Trooper or an Anaconda and a King Cobra and a Cobra....You can't go wrong with either although if you want to shot a lot of 357 rounds the Colt might be more robust idk. The Smith K frames can't handle a steady diet of .357.

don't have a 66 but I do have a trooper... it is an OK shooter though I only shoot light loads/wadcutters through it...

not much point in pounding down a ton 357 magnum at the range - clinton was president last time I did that lol...

Back
Top Bottom