Which lower jig?

I do really like the way the 5D uses guide pins in the router base to follow the shape of the cutout though, rather than running the shaft of the bit against the template.

Yes, that is a great feature

Last edited:
80percent arms jigs are fantastic. In fairness I have no experience w the modulus.

The 5d Pro series is the new standard by which all others shall be measured

Last edited:
80percent arms jigs are fantastic. In fairness I have no experience w the modulus.

I have both of those jigs. I prefer the Modulus arms jig, but the only difference I found was that it was hard to get a full sized router into the rear shelf area with the 80% Arms jig and I had swapped to using a laminate trimmer to do that because it's smaller.

The 5D does look like quite a jig. But what are they going to do (and I mean that literally--do they actually have a legal plan, or are they just going to wing it?) when the MA AG subpoenas their customer/sales database?

It isn't a list I'd want to be on, if I was a MA resident.

I've had that concern. In reality though. What's she going to do?
Dredge all local bodies of water after she gets a customer list? Good Fn luck finding anything.

I spent about five minutes thinking about exactly what I would do if I was a zealously anti-gun AG with that beautifully concise and tightly focused mailing list, and it was an alarmingly good plan to rain shit on everybody on the list, and as I have great gifts of both cunning and spite it really wouldn't be wise to post it here publicly.

All of this is a moot point for me, of course--as my birth name is McLovin, I live in Rhode Island, and the name printed on my credit card is GIFT CARD.

YMMV.

I spent about five minutes thinking about exactly what I would do if I was a zealously anti-gun AG with that beautifully concise and tightly focused mailing list, and it was an alarmingly good plan to rain shit on everybody on the list, and as I have great gifts of both cunning and spite it really wouldn't be wise to post it here publicly.

All of this is a moot point for me, of course--as my birth name is McLovin, I live in Rhode Island, and the name printed on my credit card is GIFT CARD.

YMMV.

And what's the shipping address for "Gift Card"

If you want a truly untraceable transaction then go to a gun show and buy one from a vendor onsite - and pay cash. Or if you're savvy you can always go on TOR and just buy a complete gun ready to roll from one of their dark stores.

With a gift card, the shipping address is whatever you want it to be.

Who knows, it could even be the address two streets over--the one with two Prius' in the driveway with matching Hillary bumper stickers--the home of a snide liberal progressive couple who (you've quite recently noticed) are rarely home before 8pm because they are busy telling other people how to live their lives. Such a purchase might make perfect sense for people like them. They might also (for example) have ordered 20 automotive freeze-plugs just last week. There's just no telling what people like them will order with a gift card.

Last edited:
I had some neighborhood kid mailing pot smoking paraphernalia to my 88 yr old mother. She was clueless and pissed. The local PD helped out fine. Watch what you do out there.

With a gift card, the shipping address is whatever you want it to be.

Not necessarily. The majority of the CC processing software treats a gift card exactly the same as a CC or debit card. Meaning the gift card billing address must match the address where the CC statement is sent. Or in this case the address the gift card is registered to.

So does "watching what you do out there" include getting your real name, credit card information, and actual physical mailing address into an electronic database which will pretty predictably end up in the possession of someone who wants to put you in jail for exercising your Constitutional rights? Cuz that actually doesn't make any sense to me.

Question #2: Does the operational task of retrieving an unattended package from the unlighted porch of an empty house on a quiet suburban street in the moments just after full dusk make you sweat and feel weak in the knees? If so--that is a REALLY good thing to know about yourself, and I'd recommend that you don't ever join, say, the French Resistance, because I'm thinking you'd be a real liability when push came to shove, kid.

Back
Top Bottom