• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Which LGS has the most "AR" Stuff??

So, like the title says, which local gun shop (MA/Southern NH) has the best inventory for "AR" stuff? I just recently got my first AR, and I was wondering if there are any nearby shops I can go and see stuff. I will probably check out the next gun show as well.

Gun shows for sure, though you'll pay through the nose. Four Seasons in Woburn has a pretty good selection of Magpul gear at a decent price. Miad grips, CTR stocks, MBUS, etc.

Honestly though, I always hit midwayusa.com, brownells.com and bravocompanyusa.com. If those three online vendors don't have what I'm looking for, it doesn't belong on my M4gery.

Well, yes, I know the online stores are the best option. (I was really just looking for some places to check out this weekend) [smile]

My suggestion: Go to gun show, check out cool shit. Go home, order it from midway.

ETA: There's a show in Concord NH (not exactly "southern", I know) this weekend.

The best collection of AR accessories and such I've seen locally was with a vendor at the Plymouth Gun Show.

Much depends on what you want to customize or upgrade. JP makes a nice Stainless Steel coated BCG. PWS makes a great muzzle brake. Pistol grips run the gamut from Houge to Magpul and BCM. Ton of different manufacturers and styles of railed and non-railed fore ends with price points from cheap to ludicrous. Once you decide what you want to do, you most likely will have to go online to get it. The LGS just doesn't have the retail space to stock it all.

Some vendors have their own line of products that you won't find locally, like Bravo Company with the BCM Charging handle (best one on the market) and BCM gunfighter pistol grip. It all depends on what you want to do. Best place to research is probably the Gun Gallery here on NES.

what exactly are you looking for? some of the more local shops have limited but commonly sought after items. also check out the classifieds

My suggestion: Go to gun show, check out cool shit. Go home, order it from midway.

ETA: There's a show in Concord NH (not exactly "southern", I know) this weekend.

are the shows in NH as bad as the cluster-you-know-what's that I have been to in Marlboro?

Of the local shops I've been too. Precision Armament Works and MFS have a fair selection of things.

Blackwater in Hudson, NH has a fair amount of AR accessories. Not the best pricing from what I remember. The one time I went in there the guy tried to sell me a 'pre-ban' mag for $100, and said that was what I had to buy since I was from MA.

Blackwater in Hudson, NH has a fair amount of AR accessories. Not the best pricing from what I remember. The one time I went in there the guy tried to sell me a 'pre-ban' mag for $100, and said that was what I had to buy since I was from MA.

Screw them. I won't buy anything from them and never recommend them to anyone else. Bad advise on too many important items and they're morons for the transfer laws (NH to MA).

I would go to Umlaut without hesitation.

Screw them. I won't buy anything from them and never recommend them to anyone else. Bad advise on too many important items and they're morons for the transfer laws (NH to MA).

Really? I was looking for a Henry Survival Rifle last year and the girl was really nice to me on the phone but I bought one elsewhere. What's wrong with them?

No feedback on Blackwater, as I've never been there... but the AR Umlaut build/assembled for me (yes, I'm a newb with minimal mechanical skills) is a thing of beauty. See it in Minininjer's avatar :)

Really? I was looking for a Henry Survival Rifle last year and the girl was really nice to me on the phone but I bought one elsewhere. What's wrong with them?

Gunsmith there is a hack and full of bad info for one thing. When I first got my AR, he installed a handguard that wasn't designed to properly fit my carbine. Then was talking to him about the laws around 80% lowers and he had even more wrong info. Then they wouldn't transfer a Remington 870 (pump) shotgun into MA with a collapsing stock... [rolleyes]

Never mind their prices ARE high, on pretty much everything.

I'd also skip right over Pete's just up the street from them...

Shooters warehouse in Tewksbury has some stuff and they're currently working on getting ghost lowers if they hit the minimum on orders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rileys & Umlaut (right behind Rileys) are the best retail fronts, in my opinion. I would suggest midwayusa.com, brownells.com, bravocompanyusa.com, and even amazon.com has some decent stuff with free shipping on sale. Go to the gun shows to get a look, but don't even bring more then the cover charge. Bunch of rip-offs.

Back
Top Bottom