• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Which Kel Tec Sub 2000????

Yeah, I like the reliability factor of Glock Mags. Already PM'd RJM95 about the burnt bronze one.
As for the PC carbine I will agree it is probably a better quality product. But I don't like the takedown with Two seperate pieces Barrel & receiver. I really like the fold up on the keltec.

I got a bronze G17/19 from Ryan a few weeks ago, you can't go wrong. It takes 33 round Scherer sticks and it is well built and lightweight at the same time and pretty accurate right out of the box. Fits in a backpack, which is its best feature. Not sure if it's really worth putting optics on?

Has anyone owned a Sub2k and a Ruger pcc or Beretta storm? (or any combo of the three) Just curious if anyone has spent time shooting both and has a preference. Look like fun little guns although plasticy and ugly. Would like to hear a comparison from someone who has done a good amount of shooting with more than one.

Has anyone owned a Sub2k and a Ruger pcc or Beretta storm? (or any combo of the three) Just curious if anyone has spent time shooting both and has a preference. Look like fun little guns although plasticy and ugly. Would like to hear a comparison from someone who has done a good amount of shooting with more than one.
I've shot the Sub2k and bought the CX4.
I cant squish my face low enough on the Sub2k to see the sights proper.
They're both fun for what they are, triggers leave much to be desired, but the Beretta one is definitely built better. However the big up side to the 2k is it folds up nice.

Last edited:

I've had several CX4's and Sub 2000's and own both now. The CX4 is much more ergonomic and more fun to shoot but they're both fun and they both just work.

I prefer shooting the CX4 and it has better controls like the charging handle and the safety (the sub 2k pushes left to right for fire) but the size and weight of the Sub2k is just nothing.

I've only held the Ruger but I love the sights.

I've shot the Sub2k and bought the CX4.
I cant squish my face low enough on the Sub2k to see the sights proper.
They're both fun for what they are, triggers leave much to be desired, but the Beretta one is definitely built better. However the big up side to the 2k is it folds up nice.
I have my CX4 up for sale with 3 30rd prebans if anyone interested. I'd like to flip it for a 1301.
Yeah the factory sights and factory trigger suck. But once you upgrade the trigger and slap on a red dot, it's waaay more fun to shoot.

This seems like a decent competitor for backpack or trunk, since you can now shoulder it legally.

Micro RONI® Stabilizer 3.5 (GEN 5 Compatible)

View attachment 249392

Wow, that’s a cool little stock setup. I may have to pickup a “Block” just to have a host for one of those!

I still have my original gen 1 sub2000 and love it. Mine was the Berretta version, and has the optional butt extension and quad rail that KT used to sell for that gen. Been thinking about picking up the new model, but will most likely stick with the Beretta compatible one since I have so many pre-bans already. Like others have mentioned, the ergo is a bit funky to get used to, but it definitely serves a purpose, and fills a niche in the compact nature of it. It’s the ideal go-bag rifle, especially if you have a matching side arm to share mags with. It’s also super light, which is a big advantage when you are on the move (where you’d need a go-bag).

I still want the MPX for 4 times the money, cause Sig.

The CZ scorpion is half the price and easier to maintain.
The problem with both the MPX and scorpion is that you are supposed to pin the stock which invariably eliminates half of the reason you would get one. I love beretta too but the CX4 storm is too... well the styling is gay.

Last edited:
I have the keltec 19 grip and the ruger pcc both at different ends of the spectrum, the keltec is a crowd pleaser at the range I just wish keltec would make a model to use Uzi mags .

Both Gen 1 and 2 are pretty fun.

You should look at the upgrades available from red lion precision.

I have to admit. I don’t get these at all.
It’s like let’s make a glock bigger and heavier with all kinds of plastic bullshit so I can look like a starship trooper.

It’s about having a much longer sight radius and being able to shoulder it. Keep it in your trunk or backpack, you don’t have to even lock it in Mass.

Yeah your first shot from a G19 might be just as accurate but I think follow up shots would be greatly improved with this device. I think they're $250-300 so it’s not a huge cost.

I’d rather have an SBR in 5.56 but you know, it’s an option.

Got this from Ryan at Frontier Armory on Saturday. Great guy to buy from and I think he came in on Saturday just for the sale. Don't hesitate to buy one of the ones he has posted here, especially at $424.00 after taxes.

Forgive the terrible pictures, I usually take better but these suck, you can barely tell it's OD Green.

IMG_7738.jpg

IMG_7737.jpg

Both Gen 1 and 2 are pretty fun.

You should look at the upgrades available from red lion precision.

And MCARBO, Tacticool Products and Tandemkross too.

MCARBO in particular has a great selection of upgrades like trigger and spring kits, charging handles and a muzzle brake.

And MCARBO, Tacticool Products and Tandemkross too.

MCARBO in particular has a great selection of upgrades like trigger and spring kits, charging handles and a muzzle brake.
Yup I've got the MCARBO trigger/spring kit in mine. Really helped the trigger pull immensely. I do occasionally get light strikes however. Need to follow up on that....

No love on here for Hi-Point?

I'm usually a Ruger Fanboy, and I just don't like the new carbine. I'm not a fan of synthetic stocks in general, and this feels too butt-light (is that even a term?).

I haven't looked at the Beretta, but I've compared the Hi-Point and Kel-Tec, and the HP feels a lot better in my hands, and mounts to my shoulder easier as well. I'm looking at the HP in 9mm pretty hard, but something keeps telling me not to.

did you change out the trigger bar as well. It seems they M Carbo has a whole Trigger package but the trigger bar is still separate. Weird.
I did not. I think MCARBO released that after I already installed the trigger/spring kit.

Back
Top Bottom