Which HK in MA

Which new HK pistol model would you recommend to buy in MA as best value for money? Glock Gen 5s seem to hover around $900, roughly 400 bucks over what they're worth. HKs are $900 straight up so it seems to make most sense to buy the more expensive MSRP pistol if the end result is the same money spent, right?

Which new HK pistol model would you recommend to buy in MA as best value for money? Glock Gen 5s seem to hover around $900, roughly 400 bucks over what they're worth. HKs are $900 straight up so it seems to make most sense to buy the more expensive MSRP pistol if the end result is the same money spent, right?
If the store you are going to is selling glocks for $900, you are shopping at the wrong store.

I’d want to try holding a vp9. Although if it’s first gun I’d recommend that one. If not maybe the p30 just for john wickness.

And don't worry about the "in MA" thing. Get what you want. Post a WTB ad in here.
I don't think he's referring to a roster thing, more like the 3-400 MA markup that comes with them (even used).

All I can say for what HK, if it's hammer fired check out a light hammer spring at somepoint. Hk seems like it's always 2lbs heavier than everything else.

Started with a vp9.
Scored a hella deal and traded it in fir a full size usp 9mm and edc'd it for pretty much a year.
Later got and HK 45 full size.

Both amazing guns

Had a vp9 but the trigger had a noticeable click that I could not get rid of so sold it. Too bad I was so hung up on it cuz it was like a freaken laser beam. Currently looking for a 45 or preferably 45c. I actually regret selling my usp 40.

I’d want to try holding a vp9. Although if it’s first gun I’d recommend that one. If not maybe the p30 just for john wickness.

Was my first gun, and my first gun sold to fund the gun I should’ve bought.
G19

Also, I paid 6-something for it and they’re going for hundreds over that for some reason. Maybe worth MSRP, definitely not worth over it. MA (and people selling in MA) is f***E to say the least. Take your time, shop around, shoot lots of guns before you buy.

Thanks for all your suggestions guys. I always loved the rainbow six video games as a kid and drooled over HK and the sexy mark 23, USP and mp5 the "operators" use. Shot a VP9 at the range but although it felt great in the hand and shot well, didn't really consider it true to HKs old school hammer lineage like the P2000 and P30 line are today. I want to man purse carry so probably going to go with one of their variants with a safety.

VP9 is my favorite for ergonomics reason. P30 is good but I don't like the trigger as much as the VP9. The SK is my carry choice (guess you can tell I'm an H&K Fan boy).
Definitely an individual choice as everyone has different shaped hands and eyesight.
I do know that I have gone to purchase a Sig multiple times and left each time with a different H&K due to ergonomics (Sig sucks in that respect).

Your logic - buy what is not inflated (at the moment) is solid. Through the panic pricing of the last year, the smart strategy was to purchase/upgrade your optics as they were generally available and not over priced. As opposed to buying firearms/ammo which were at stupid price levels.

That said, you can find a Gen 5 Glock in MA for $700-$750, new, within 30 days of looking, I guarantee.

Was my first gun, and my first gun sold to fund the gun I should’ve bought.
G19

Also, I paid 6-something for it and they’re going for hundreds over that for some reason. Maybe worth MSRP, definitely not worth over it. MA (and people selling in MA) is f***E to say the least. Take your time, shop around, shoot lots of guns before you buy.
If someone was really confused about which gun to buy, can never go wrong with a 19.

Damn, I must have missed that you were going to man purse carry. Sorry for suggesting the VP9, or any HK for that matter. Man purse carry calls for a Glock for sure ! 🤣

HK45, it’s $740 at Cabelas if in stock. German made ones used to be $1000+ but now they’re US made and much cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom