• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Which fixed stock would you go with?

Which fixed stock?

• Rock River

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • VLTOR

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Standard A2

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • other

Votes: 15 51.7%

• Total voters
Rock River "Operator A2"?

RRA_Coyote_Carbine_06.JPG

VLTOR Rifle Modstock.(in black)

tanrflkit.jpg

A standard A2 or something else? This will be for an 18" SPR type AR. I'm leaning towards the standard A2.

Last edited:
Ok, why that over the others?

Well, I like the ace stock because of the multiple sling attachment points and option of buttpad or no buttpad. I like the clean look without being too boring (A2). I also like the padding from the buffer tube cover.

Looks wise, I would pick the ace stock over the RRA, A2, or VLTOR

Adjustability wise, the VLTOR would probably be the better choice.

Anything to add Supermoto?

Well, I like the ace stock because of the multiple sling attachment points and option of buttpad or no buttpad. I like the clean look without being too boring (A2). I also like the padding from the buffer tube cover.

All those, plus I find it quieter also.

I voted other. I like the A1 stock from Cavalry arms because of its shorter length compared to the A2. Also since my stock must be fixed here in MA, ill take all the storage space the A1 (or A2) has to offer. I have noticed the RRA operator stock and really like the look for a fixed stock. I know the Viltor has battery storage, but I have in my A1 stock a complete cleaning kit with sectional rod, bore brush, chamber brush, patches, bottle of oil, as well as 2 123 batteries.

I voted other. I like the A1 stock from Cavalry arms because of its shorter length compared to the A2. Also since my stock must be fixed here in MA, ill take all the storage space the A1 (or A2) has to offer. I have noticed the RRA operator stock and really like the look for a fixed stock. I know the Viltor has battery storage, but I have in my A1 stock a complete cleaning kit with sectional rod, bore brush, chamber brush, patches, bottle of oil, as well as 2 123 batteries.

That's a good option as well. FWIW, the Rock River has some storage also, though I think just for batteries which isn't a concern of for this purpose.

It seems like both the RRA and VLTOR have more sling mounting options, unless I'm missing something.

The others are good points though my XCR already has an ACE stock on it, so I was thinking of trying something else.

I had the Vltor clubfoot on my SOCOM-16/Troy MCS and really liked it. Great storage, good cheek-weld, sling mounting options, etc...I'm not sure if they offer the A-1 length anymore, but that's what I went with. I also like the Sully with a spacer for a fixed stock. Great cheek-weld, lacks sling mounting options, but you can add them anywhere. I went with a Troy rear sling mount, (M16)...

Have you looked at Sully Stocks?

I've been thinking about putting one on my carbine. I like the clean look and it's shorter than the A2.

A2 or Magpul PRS

I agree with this statement on the Magpul PRS -- If it's in the pricerange I'd go for it. I just got one of these and I'm loving the thing on my 20" HBAR.

I don't own and have never shot on an ACE but from what I gather they're great and the only main common alternative to the PRS for a long-range build (Aside from the obvious A2).

I'd generally NOT use the Vltor on anything longer than 16", but it would still function well if you're going for a more tactical build. If you're mounting lights to this rifle like a Recce 18", the two compartments in the Vltor will be useful for batteries.

It also doesn't hurt that BCG has this Vltor on Clearance for $50 at the moment (well they did last time I checked earlier this week anyways) :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom