Which CZ for home defense?

slap shot

NES Member
Drooled over the CZs as a mass hole and now I'm ready to get one or more. Which one first though? Stopped in to 619 after work tonight and too many choices so I grabbed an m&p 22 compact threaded to play with inbound suppressor and help me think. So, P09 with its massive capacity and full size for home defence? P07 smaller package and 17 rds with +2? Is it better than g17? Is it better than my Canik tp9sf with aftermarket mags? I think I saw 20s? Shadow? I don't compete but maybe I would? Really wanted to buy one tonight but paralysis by analysis. Classic 75 steel?

For home defense, bigger and heavier is best. So full size steel.

While I love my Shadow 2, even from the factory the trigger pull is a bit light for defensive use. It’s really a competition gun.

Buy them all! I edc a PCR so that's my go-to despite a lower round count. You may prefer a safety to a decocker, polymer frame, rail, etc... Plenty of options and if you can't decide I'd get a used 75b until you make up your mind.

I was about to come back and ask about p01. Tactical? I’ll check it out. Maybe I need a poll.

S1 pistol
ScorpMicroWeb.png

SP01-Tactical. Nothing wrong with a p09/P07. But mass is your friend.
A CZ 97 is not suitable because it has no light rail.

Personal opinion: is an AR is the best HD gun there is.

Good point. I have AR pistols in 5.56 and 300AAC. Can't beat 30 round mags I guess. CZ for fun then. :)

SP01-Tactical. Nothing wrong with a p09/P07. But mass is your friend.
A CZ 97 is not suitable because it has no light rail.

Personal opinion: is an AR is the best HD gun there is.

I’d hate to have to use my AR inside the house, my whole family would be deaf. FU Mass for making suppressors illegal.

I’d hate to have to use my AR inside the house, my whole family would be deaf. FU Mass for making suppressors illegal.

This x1000. I can't even imagine what it would do to the poor dogs. The thought of shooting an un-suppressed AR, without any hearing protection, is a great big no for me even at the range, let alone in the house with the windows closed.
Between the noise and over penetration, I am going to stick to a handgun.

Between the noise and over penetration, I am going to stick to a handgun.
You will likely overpenetrate a lot more with a pistol than an AR using a 55gr or lighter projectile. An AR is arguably the best choice for defending the homestead, noise aside.

You will likely overpenetrate a lot more with a pistol than an AR using a 55gr or lighter projectile. An AR is arguably the best choice for defending the homestead, noise aside.

I would disagree. Unless you hit a stud, an AR is hardly going to slow down going through sheet rock. 45 ACP hollow points on the other hand...

I agree...

I’m also not an expert but in a class I took at MFS the instructor stated that the FBI test of compared .223 and handgun cartridges and it supported this. I was surprised and found it quite interesting.

I think it's similar to 9mm, not less, but the noise makes it unusable imo, especially with the friggin' brake on it.

5FC847DC-0F09-4B99-959B-7C85FD537049.jpeg Just to close this out. Snagged a great deal on GB to along with AR pistols in 556 and .300, 12 gauge shottie, multiple 44 mags, I have a new home defense option. Hoping to shoot it tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom